I | Fated Encounter

________________

________________

I
F a t e d E n c o u n t e r

________________

_\\\\_

A girl with dark brown hair stood at a balcony, her hazel eyes bore to the skies above the Hunter Headquarters. Her chin was tilted up as she continued to watch clouds pass by.

Then she felt a hand settle on her head, bringing her gaze down.

"What are you doing here? I thought you wanted to go to the Hunter Exam." Isaac Netero started as he lightly ruffled her hair.

"... I'm about to go." She hummed,
not turning back to face her grandfather.

"Okay then, don't be late!" Netero smiled warmly to her.

"How come you didn't tell me about the Hunter Exams until the end of last year's exams?" She questioned her grandfather.

Netero blinked twice before truthfully answering, "I thought your father already did, or someone else told you about them."

"I spent most of my time training with you, Grandfather..." She turned to look directly into his eyes, her expression unfazed.

Netero continued to smile at her with an unnoticeable bead of sweat trailing down his forehead. Then he pushed her as he bid her goodbye, "Off you go now!"

She walked a few steps forward before glancing back to her grandfather, questioning why he didn't respond anymore to the original topic of their discussion. Nonetheless, she obeyed him and strolled away to the direction of the Hunter Exam.

~ • ~

Shino Netero finally arrived at the Exam site. Placed as no. 27, she waited next to the elevator, sat down with her back against the wall closing her eyes to rest.

After a few minutes she heard someone clearing their throat really close to her. She opened her eyes half-lidded as she stared at no. 16 participant, Tonpa.

"May I be of service?" She asked him with a bland expression.

Tonpa sweat-dropped just a little at Shino's choice of words, "Um... I see you're new around here! Are you nervous for the exam?" He puts on his friendly mask, disguising his real intentions.