Chapter 3

Later after it had gotten dark Theresa found herself balancing a tray of what was basically leftovers. She didn't know why she should care if a murderer got treated well or not. Maybe it was because evil had redefined itself. Evil was happening outside these walls and even killing other people to get resources didn't feel like it tipped the needle the wrong way.

She heard a rhythmic tapping as she came down the steps. She was glad the lights had been lit, it pushed back the gloom a bit. Negan was getting up off his cot when he looked up and saw her. He straightened and hurried up to the bars

"Hey! Hi! Damn girl you are a sight for sore eyes."

She looked at the stick she was supposed to use then shrugged and leaned down to place the tray and the book next to the bars.

Negan spotted it.

"If that's playboy I'm gonna need some wank gel with it. Tend to get hard to spit when you're dehydrated." He laughed heartily.

Theresa didn't even crack a smile. Instead, she folded her arms and cooly met his gaze. "If that was a crack about your staying power it missed the mark."

"Baby I never miss the mark especially with my staying power." he purred. He winked at her then stepped back slightly to eyeball her.

"You know I thought you were a fatty but you're actually a good ol fashioned hourglass. Got some bangin ass going on there."

Teresa turned and headed for the steps.

Wait! Hey, wait! Come on...I'm just joking...well actually I'm just an asshole but seriously, please? Sit with me while I eat?"

She hesitated then shrugged and sat cross-legged on the floor close to the bars which made him appear surprised but pleased. He grabbed the book and held it up to the light "Flintlock Trail,' Damn if that isn't one of my favorites." He reached back out and took his chicken meat in to eat slowly while he devoured her with his eyes.

"You know, you should learn to love fatties, obviously they are smart enough to find food...which I can."

Negan appeared to ponder this. " You know your right. Beggars can't be choosers huh? All my ex-wives have been pretty damn skinny. Loudmouth too always bitchin' and bitchin' bout this and that. Not my Lucille though she was the best goddamn thing that ever happened to me."

"Lucille?" She inquired leaning forward enough to rest her elbows on her knees.

"Yeah, my first wife. She's the only woman I've ever loved, I didn't deserve her though like I said I'm an asshole, but she stuck with me, my beautiful Lucille god damn I miss her somethin' awful." He sat his chicken back down losing interest.

"Enough about me, what's your story? Usually, I don't give a shit but I like you so lay it on me. You ever kill anyone?"

She nodded " I'm sure most people have. In particular, many years ago I ran into two men on motorcycles. They dragged me into the woods and raped me. I got hold of the gun on one and shot them both. Took the biggest bike and headed as far away as I could." She frowned " That's strange he said his name was Negan. A popular name I presume?"

"Shit, I'm sorry babe they were two of my men. If I had found out I would have killed them right in front of you. I' ma peace of shit but I don't rape women. I don't let others do that either." His face was honestly distressed.

Teresa shrugged " One man tried to steal what I had so I killed him. One woman and man tried to make my bait so I had to kill them."

"Well shit you're just a regular Jack the Ripper." Negan laughed " But they locked me up!"

"I have a feeling you probably took more enjoyment out of killing people then others would."

"Yeah, and you know you ain't wrong sweet cheeks there were a few that actually gave me a boner because they were such goddamn pieces of shit they deserved to die and I was able to give it to them."

Teresa pondered this a moment " I can't judge, the world out there is different. I don't think right and wrong are really the same anymore. If you'll excuse me..."

She got to her feet and Negan did as well quickly reaching through the bars grabbing her hand. She gave him a narrow-eyed look patting her pocket for a small claw knife she kept on here.

"You know baby you could stay the night with me. I'll keep you warm.' He kissed her hand, his stubble scratching her pleasantly. "We can talk more intimately about my staying power."

She pulled away and headed for the steps. " Why don't I leave and just dream about your staying power?"

"There you go girl then when you're ready come back down and I'll make all your dreams come true. You won't even walk right when I get done and you'll be purring like a pussy."

She looked back at him and opened her mouth to say something, changed her mind then closed it. " Good night Negan."

He stayed up against the bars a moment longer with his eyes closed letting the way his name had sounded from her lips to roll over and over again until he was honest to God hard. A quick glance showed that she had included a napkin with his tray. Might as well use it for something good. Hot damn how long had it been since he'd flirted with a woman? Well ok maybe it wasn't flirting exactly but for that half hour or so she had been there talking to him he had felt free. He could almost feel a beer in his hand, a cloud of smoke around him while he tried his wiles on a beautiful woman.

While Lucille waited at home for him.

He frowned and shook his head. Well, that almost took care of his little problem. Luckily he was able to be a one-minute man when he had to be. He found himself watching out the window to see where she had been put until she was no longer in his sight. Then he reached for his zipper.