Vampire Diaries [Klaus X Reader]

Imagine catching the eye of Klaus Mikaelson.

. . 

. .

Life in Mystic Falls is blissfully normal. Scratch that, it was.

The deaths of Grayson and Miranda Gilbert took everyone by surprise, leaving their children in the care of Miranda's sister Jenna. Aunt Jenna moved in as quickly as she could, as she was now the guardian of you, Elena, and Jeremy, and no matter how much any of you tried.. things just weren't the same. Elena took to distancing herself from her best friends for a bit and pretending everything was normal while trying to also mother Jeremy, Jeremy took to drugs and Vicki Donovan, and you lived day by day while trying not to let the deaths of your parents completely overturn your life.

But then Stefan Salvatore entered your sister's life, followed by his brother Damon, and you were unwillingly given a dose of reality where you learned the supernatural was very, very real. No matter how much you tried to distance yourself from the very scary vampires, Damon couldn't help but use you and your brother as leverage when he didn't get his way. But not only him- no, his maker Katherine was a major cunt and took great joy in making all Gilbert, Salvatore, Bennett, and Forbes lives hell.

Not long after the supernatural secret came out did Elena's adoption come to light as well. Everyone was shocked since Elena was your younger twin, but the truth was that while you were Miranda and Grayson's biological child, Elena was not. A woman named Isobel had slept with Uncle John, conceived a child, and then gave birth to a little girl who then days later gave that little girl to Grayson to be raised alongside his own newborn at home. Since you and Elena had been born only days apart, Miranda and Grayson ran with the idea that you were twins.

Then Klaus Mikaelson came looking to break a curse that was put on him over a thousand years ago, Elena's real parents only caused more problems than they had solutions to, aunt Jenna was turned into a vampire to be used as a sacrifice in Klaus' ritual alongside Elena, and the Original vampire broke his curse thus making him a vampire/werewolf hybrid.

The Mikaelson family caused a whole slew of problems and though you managed to mostly avoid them, you did get caught in the crossfire a couple of times. You found it quite funny, however, that the only time you were caught in the crossfire was when you were being dragged into the situations by either Damon or a humanity-less Stefan.

Elena was turned into a vampire not long after and Jenna's boyfriend, the man who'd been crashing on your couch since her death, died after having been turned into a vampire hunting other vampires. Life in the Gilbert house was an absolute clusterfuck, but still you took it day by day and started leaving vervain around your room to keep your sister out when you saw her attitude started to drastically change. Then a vampire cure started being talked about and your little brother was turned into a supernatural hunter in order to find the map that would lead them to a cure.

Everyone suddenly wanted it, hell they even started working together, but all you wanted was to keep your grades up in school since you were graduating soon. You thought the race for the cure was bound to be a failure, especially after Kol Mikaelson- the little psycho of the Original family- warned everyone to leave the cure be because the person guarding it would awaken and bring Hell on earth. To you, if an Original was afraid of something, then everyone should be afraid of it.

But no- not your family or friends who stupidly gave and gave and gave for Elena, so you gave up trying to dissuade them when Damon threatened you and your very delicate human life when you told your sister what a mistake it was they were going after this cure. That's why when Kol Mikaelson found you finishing up some homework at the Grill with one of your friends with plans to use you as leverage, you gave him your honest opinion about your family and their idiotic plan, and actually got a promise out of him to not kill your brother when he realized you were on his side.