Chapter Two: The midnight ride.

Savannah was furious. She wanted to swear. Hard.

She was also confused. Her icy demeanor had always put men off but Damon was different, he had almost taken her as a challenge. He had been funny and ridiculous.

His uncanny suggestion still had the power to make her blush. And her heart to pound.

She knew whatever had happened in the bar was bloody weird. Very weird indeed.

And that Damon Hayes was horny. Very much so.

She was still grumbling and walking down the lane cursing her luck while Damon, back in the bar, was exceptionally happy. He had never met anyone like her in his life. He loved goading her Miss Savannah and the way her eyes had shot bullets at him when he had interrupted was something he was never forgetting. He usually had a different effect on women. The effect that ended in his favor.

And the fact that he did NOT have that effect on our ice queen was what made him decide that he was going after her. Plus, luck was on his side. Savannah was never going to get a cab home at this time, he laughed quietly, picked up his helmet and exited the bar. The plan was made. He was gonna give her a lift. He knew she wasn’t getting any transport for home and his lift was the only chance for her. He also wanted to see her reaction when she saw his bike. She was gonna flip and he was looking forward to that.

She was still fuming, miserably. And the fact that she couldn’t spot a cab for mile added to her misery. She put all the blame on Damon. If she saw that man again, then for the first time she would be tempted enough to hit somebody.

She was still walking when suddenly a hand snaked out and caught her wrist. Fear sliced through her, leaving her frozen and breathless.

“You wanna lift?” Damon asked oblivious to her fear but when his voice went through her, she all but sagged to the floor.

“Ohmigod.” She muttered and Damon’s eyes widened.

“You okay, Savannah?” He demanded.

And that was it.

“Now you listen to me, Mr. Just-Do-It. You’re rude and obnoxious. You have no right to enter into my matters and then waltz all over them! I hate your guts and I want you to never. NEVER. do that again!” She shouted the last word for effect and for a moment Damon did seem shocked.

No girl had ever talked to him like this. Never in his whole life. They seemed all too eager to let him ‘waltz all over’ them.  But then he smiled, making Savannah’s breath hitch.

“Point duly noted, ma’am. Now what’s your opinion on the ride?” He asked and her eyes widened.

She realized that he was impossible. He knew he was.

“On what? You’re frigging wings?” She snapped and he laughed.

“Sarcasm! Good I adore the hell-cat attitude.” He winked and he held out his helmet.

“I do have a ride. Trust me.” He said and handed her the helmet. It was time for her to meet Missy.

“Over my dead body.” She muttered to herself and Damon laughed. She had issues. Huge ones.

“Come on.” He said and took hold of her hand, entwining his fingers through hers, reveling in the touch. She, on the other hand, froze when she felt the frission and raised her wide eyes to Damon’s, who just smiled and took her back to the pub.

There outside the pub, stood Missy. Proud and very blue.

“Where’s the bike? I don’t see it anywhere!” Savannah wailed, trying to tug her hand free but he just tightened his hold and dragged her to the spot.