Chapter Seven: Milord, milady.

“Savannah, you have to come. And that is just final.” Savannah’s mother barked in the phone and Savannah poked her tongue at it.

She was frustrated, irritated, humiliated enough and all she wanted to do was throw the phone out of the window.

“I told you that I cannot come. I have a job and I can’t just leave ..” Savannah was saying when her mother cut in.

“Oh, do not lie to me, young lady. I know you don’t have a job anymore. And this is a family event. You might hide the rest of the year but this one time I want you here.” Her mother said and for a minute hope hit her in the plexus. She almost went lax when her mother said that she wanted her there and she almost said yes.

She got a funny feeling in her stomach. It had happened all through her life. There were some moments when she would get this feeling that her mother loved her after all. That after her father’s death she would accept her but she didn’t know that she never wouldn’t.

“Our reputation is on line.” She said and Savannah groaned. Her mother was never gonna love her and she just had to accept that.

“Look mother, I can’t. I don’t have a date and then there’s  ...” Her mother cut in again.

“Oh, don’t give me that! I know you have a... a... male friend. Olivia and Jack met him. He thought her to be you. I can’t believe you wouldn’t tell him that you had a sister, that is shameful and ...” This time Savannah’s wasn’t even listening.

“What did you say?! I do NOT have a boyfriend.” Savannah all but shouted at her mother, shocked and scared at hearing Jack’s name.

She always got scared when she heard Jack’s name. Jack who had ripped her world in two. Jack who had broken her heart to million pieces. Jack the bastard.

“Yes, you do. Tall, brown hair, lean, had grey eyes. Olivia called him sexy. Can you imagine? Your male friend is really rude, though. He even almost hit Jack.” Her mother was saying but Savannah wasn’t even listening. Damon. Her mother was talking about Damon, she knew at the grey eyes and hitting Jack. Damon knew some things about Jack, she had told him in a frenzy. And of course Olivia thought he was sexy and no wonder he thought she was sexy, too. That’s why she hadn’t seen him for a long time.

“I’ll be there.” She said and snapped her phone shut.

How dare he tell her sister that he was her boyfriend and then don’t even come to explain things to her. She felt so .. weird. She wanted to kill Damon. She wanted to go back some time and never let him see Olivia. She hated Olivia, she was the bitch mama personified, she took everything Savannah had, she was evil, she was a mean evil eyed, blonde ass!

“Oh my God, I’m jealous.” She shouted to herself and she was right. And that meant that she felt for him, something .. anything but she did. Enough to be jealous of her own sister for even looking at him. She was furious at him and she had to meet Damon, now. She deserved some explanations and she felt a little happy than her usual depressed self because she was going to see him, she finally had an excuse to see him. She was working her shift at Seth’s place when she saw Damon walk in and when he saw her he gave her a smirk and Savannah’s heart missed a beat.

“I hate that smirk, dammit!” She muttered and then she walked purposely in his direction and didn’t stop until she was almost nose to nose with him. She opened her mouth to shriek at him but suddenly he smiled at her and her mouth snapped shut.

Damon looked deep in her eyes and saw the anger there and he knew that she knew about what he had done but when she opened her mouth to probably shout at him he smiled at her and Savannah was so startled that her mouth snapped shut. He raised his hand and fist bumped her under her chin so that her face came at some level to his. He had missed her, he acknowledged and he smiled right into her eyes. He had missed her fire and her hell-cat behavior.