=Bloody Heart=

'Never build the tower of trust in a hurry

because; if broken,

your mind will turn into a slurry.'

-Pritha Ganguly

"Ladies and gentlemen, now will I let out the words which I've been waiting for, since many months and for which you all have joined the Salvatore family here tonight." Your father's voice echoed in the entire ballroom. People started to whisper amongst themselves wondering what the mafia boss would announce. 

"It's not 'that', is it?" Taehyung gave your shoulder a slight nudge, referring to the subject on which you too thought had the highest probability of being on the snake's tongue. "Mmm... I actually think that's what he's going to say," you said with a tint of hesitation and shyness. Taehyung's look softened and he looked away after clearing his throat. Neither of you were sure as to how you felt about it.

The snake continued, "I'm in seventh heaven to announce my daughter Y/n's marriage." Your eyes widened. You looked at Taehyung and Taehyung looked back at you. The air around was awkward all of a sudden. The room was full of applause. 

You heard the snake speak once again, "And the man she's going to wed is our own Kim Taehyung." He said, knowing everyone there was into some or the other illegal business. It was either hooch, slush funds, money laundering or pot. Everyone looked happy and was cheering. 

There was a genuine you-don't-know-how gleeful look on each of the criminal's faces.  

The lighting went dim in a second and the spotlights were on Taehyung and you now. Being themselves, Jin and Perrie pushed you both on each other so that you were closer to each other. Music played- 'Perfect' by Ed Sheeran, you both were expected to dance.

Your dad was really high today, huh? 

You took a closer look at Taehyung as he held you by placing his right hand on your waist and taking your right one in his other one. You had never seen him up this close. He was so well-carved. It was hard to accept the fact that the aforementioned composition of carbon was a living one, a member of the gangdom world... Unbelievable! 

He broke the stare you had upheld till now, "Shall we?" to which you nodded

He broke the stare you had upheld till now, "Shall we?" to which you nodded. You both started to dance, melting into his embrace, you realised this was the moment you felt the lightest in years.