Chapter 2

When the two girls reached the basketball court, the area was already filled with so many students as if the whole college was present there. The majority of the crowd were girls who were taking pictures and cheering the duo who were playing in the court.

Aera looked at the surrounding for a moment and then dragging YN to the bleachers, they sat on the higher benches.

"Can you please tell me what's happening? I'm getting curious," YN whined.

"Look at those boys. The one with the boxy smile is Kim Taehyung. He belongs to the richest and oldest family of this town and he's the one who'll be bullying you for the next few days," Aera replied pointing at Taehyung, who was busy playing basketball.

"WHAT? Why would anyone bully me? What did I do?"

"Bro, chill! He does that to everyone and now that you're a new student, once he finds you out, he'll start bullying you. But don't worry, he'll leave you alone once he gets bored."

"Did he bully you too? What am I gonna do now?" YN asked being scared.

"Hahaha... You should see your face. It's not like he'd beat you up or anything, he just likes to irritate people for fun. But you know, girls enjoy it and that's why he gets bored easily and goes on to find a new target. And that other guy, Jeon Jungkook, never bores him."

"So that means they're best friends?"

"Are you kidding me? Do they look like best friends? They're sworn enemies. Jungkook is our principal's son and he's an ideal student, always good at everything."

"He's cute too..." YN said with a shy smile, not realizing what she was saying.

"Aish, don't fall for his looks, there's no point. He's as cold as ice and rarely talks to anyone, specially the female species. That's why Kim finds it very amusing to irritate him and they end up fighting with each other," Aera explained with a scoff.

"You know what all of this reminds me of?" YN asked, raising her eyebrows.

"What?"

"Korean and Chinese high school dramas. So where's the female lead?" YN asked laughing hilariously.

"That's the boring part, no female leads. These guys are so out of anyone's league!"

"Yeah I can see that," YN sighed.

"But the purple haired bitch is here, with the exception of not having a purple hair!" Aera remarked and pointed at Jia and her gang.

The two best friends were busy gossiping, sitting on the bleachers, then suddenly the cheers and screams became louder, making both of them flinch. They raised their head up and saw Jeon and Kim hitting and punching each other, who were playing peacefully only seconds ago.

"Yeah finally, let's go near and watch the fight!" Aera said and almost dragged YN with her.

Now the basketball court was completely surrounded by students and instead of stopping the fight, they were cheering the fighting duo. Aera was also screaming her heart out and YN just stood there being clueless.

"Whoa!!" Everyone gasped as the fight got more intense.

YN wasn't cheering instead she was observing them very carefully. Something had caught her eyes and she was very curious about it.

"How do people even make these type of shiny tattoos!" YN mumbled but Aera somehow heard her.

"What tattoos?" Aera asked while clapping and still looking at the fight.

"The tattoos on the side of their necks! How come they're glowing?" YN asked with a questioning look.

"They don't have any tattoos, YN. What are you talking about?" Aera asked, now looking at YN's direction.

"Look closely, they do have tattoos. I even saw a few other students with the same tattoo earlier."

"I think you need glasses YN. Now stop thinking and enjoy the fight," Aera suggested with a chuckle.

But YN's mind was clouded with thoughts. She could clearly see  crescent moons glowing on their necks. But it wasn't her first time seeing something that others can't see. Whenever she watched TV she found one or two persons having the same crescent tattoo on their neck. But when she asked others, they always replied that they don't see anything like that.

However, all her life she was seeing the same tattoo but today when she focused more on Taehyung, she realized that his tattoo was a bit different. There was a glowing star next to the crescent moon. She never met a person face to face with those marks but now that she's in a big town, she's finally seeing them for real.

Now will she find out the mystery behind these marks that only she can see but others can't?