Chapter 1

YN rang the doorbell for the third time but still no one opened the door. She was now standing with her luggage in front her friend, Aera's house and getting nervous by each passing second. It's the first time in her life that she went out of her small village and came to this huge town, all by herself.

She had an awesome childhood growing up in the village with her neighbors and friends. But when they started growing up, they left one by one, in search for a better life and better education in other cities and towns. YN didn't worry much about her future and kept living in the village although almost all of her friends were already gone.

But things started getting harder when Aera also left for college and YN was left all alone. Moreover, she wasn't receiving quality education from the small college in that area. So thinking about her future, her parents decided to send her to a better college, in a huge town.

So now she's finally here. She's excited and nervous at the same time about her new life here. She was almost lost in her thoughts when suddenly the door opened, revealing her best friend, in a bath robe.

"YN! Aaaaaaa..... You're finally here. You can't imagine how happy I am!" Aera screamed and engulfed YN in a tight hug.

"YAHH! I've been waiting here for like five minutes. Where were you? I was about to cry," YN also shouted and then hugged back her overly joyous friend.

It's been about a year since they saw each other last, so meeting after a long time made them really excited. They were very busy screaming and shouting with joy that they didn't notice the angry old neighbor glaring at them from her front yard.

"Why are you girls screaming at this hour? Didn't you learn manners! Spoiled brats!" The female neighbor shouted but she was too old to let out a proper shout.

"Sorry Mrs Hwa. It's just that my best friend is moving in with me and I'm so happy. We'll go in now, sorry for the nuisance," Aera shouted politely so that Mrs Hwa could hear her and dragged YN inside while jumping like a happy kid.

They spent the rest of the day gossiping about different topics and the small house was filled with soft giggles all the time. Before going to sleep, Aera gave a small description of her college life as YN would be joining the same college from tomorrow. Hearing the interesting stories from Aera, YN felt butterflies in her stomach and couldn't sleep the whole night. The thought of attending a proper college with so many students, kept her up all night.

'I wonder how's it gonna be tomorrow! Is it gonna be fun!' She kept thinking.

~The next day~

Entering the college campus YN's mouth hung open in surprise. The area and the academic buildings were huge, nothing like the tiny college in her small hometown. A beautiful smile crept on her lips as she kept admiring the view in front of her while being completely lost in her own colorful world.

"Hello? Back to reality miss YN!" Aera said with a chuckle as she waved her hand in front of YN's face.

"I was missing my parents a lot but THIS is freaking worth it!" YN exclaimed as she still kept wondering.

"Yeah yeah I know. But let's go to the office first, you need to collect the papers. Otherwise we both are gonna be late," Aera said and then dragged YN with her to the office.

Thankfully YN got into most of the lectures, same as Aera so she wasn't left alone on her first day. While attending the lectures she got a few stares from some female students which made YN feel weird but she decided to shake it off and focus on the lecture.

After a few lectures, finally it was the break time and they both went into the college cafeteria. It was crowded and there were several lines in front of the counter. Following Aera, YN also got into a line for the food.

In front of them, there were a few girls chatting and laughing at their own jokes.

"These girls are so pretty, but don't you think their clothes are too short?" YN whispered to her best friend.

"Pretty my foot! That tall one is Jia and she's the most popular in our batch. Take my advice and don't ever go near her and her gang," Aera whispered back with a serious tone.

But as they were standing right behind those girls, suddenly Jia's eyes fell on YN and she gave her a weird look.

"Hey you! You're.... really pretty but why didn't I see you before?" Jia asked looking straight at YN.

"Oh... I'm YN. I'm new here, it's my first day," YN replied with a smile.

"You know, you have a pretty face but your clothing sense is horrible. I mean HOW OLD are these clothes? It pains my eyes just by looking at you. And do you even style your hair? It looks like some Joseon era hairstyle," Jia said with pure disgust in her eyes.

Then a few other students who were standing nearby, started laughing at Jia's remark and gave YN disrespectful looks. This was something that YN had never faced before.

"Excuse me! Don't you think you're being rude? I... " YN got angry and was about to speak her mind when Aera dragged her away from that place and stood in another line.

"Why did you do that? I wasn't finished," YN complained.

"Believe me, you don't want to get on her bad side. Plus we're going on shopping and also you're getting a haircut," Aera said strictly.

"What? So you agree with her that I... "

"YN! Don't get me wrong but it's not our little village anymore. You've to be up to date a little bit otherwise you won't survive here."

YN didn't say anything and just stood there with a sad face.

Everyone was busy eating and gossiping in the cafeteria when suddenly there rose a commotion.

"Guys, Jeon and Kim are in the basketball court. They're gonna start a fight again, let's go place our bets," a male student shouted and suddenly everyone started running out of the cafeteria.

"What's happening, Aera?"

"You wanna know? Let's go out then and see for yourself. It's the most fun thing that happens in this college and also you'll see the most handsome boys you've ever seen in your life!" Aera smirked.