Chapter Thirteen

Normally, a nice and beautiful morning would have put her in a good mood, but after a night filled with restlessness and thoughts raging through her active mind, the next morning came all too quickly to Bailey as she felt the warm rays of the sun caress her skin.

Growling, she turned over to her side, ready to try and get caught up on some much needed rest, hoping that when she woke up that it would all be just a horrible nightmare and that she would be safe and sound in the hotel room with Shala and Kahryn.

No. Unfortunately for her, the sight she had to wake up to was Bes, standing over her, with his arms crossed with a look of interest upon his face. Startled, she yelped, flinging off the sheets as she threw herself back, falling out of the bed in the process and landing hard onto the stone floor. Quickly, she attempted to regain her composure as she leaned her elbows on the mattress and pointed at him, flustered. "What the flying hell are you doing in here? Get out!"

If she wasn't awake before she sure as hell was now.

"Have you failed to notice that this palace is mine?" He replied, a smirk gradually making its way onto his face as amusement filled him. "Therefore, I am permitted to go wherever I please."

She sputtered at him. This was not how she wanted her day to start off. Fuck, she didn't want to do anything that day. Least of all she didn't want to have to deal with him. "I don't give a shit if it's your room or not, at least knock or something before barging in a room that's occupied. How long were you there anyway?"

The almighty Egyptian Gods were looking down upon her and probably laughing their fabulous, glorious asses off at her predicament.

Apparently everyone needed comic relief.

The amusement practically twinkled in his eyes as his smirk grew even wider. "Enough to hear a strange noise coming upon your mouth and to see saliva running down your chin. I had half the mind to send a servant for the healers, but you appeared to not be in any stress, so I decided against it."

Appalled. If there was one word to describe how she was feeling that would be the one. Her jaw dropped, heart skipping a beat, and her nostrils flared in outrage. "You are infuriating! You sound like a God-damned stalker! Get the hell out before I kick you out!"

This seemed to kick Bes' interest up a notch as he gave off a boisterous laugh. "I doubt that. You are short and as slim as my own mother. You could not possess the strength necessary to carry on such a feat."

Bailey snorted. "Really? As I recall I knocked you on your ass the day that we met. Please, elaborate as to how I couldn't possibly do that again."

"It was merely shock as a woman of this time would not dare think of attacking of someone of higher authority than them." He smirked. "No. I'll oblige myself and stave off your attack if you were to pursue that course of action a second time. I have battled many a time and won, Bailey. I could always send you to the dungeons with a mere snap of my fingers if that is what you would prefer?"

He was mocking her. He had the gall to enter her room and begin to relentlessly torment her. Bailey was feeling increasingly violated, and perhaps it wasn't such a big deal, but the fact that he would not move from his spot, his eyes gleaming with mirth, she was becoming more and more agitated. When her patience finally wore thin from his words she stood up, marching over to the door, she opened it and walked out.

She didn't get very far before Bes was right beside her. "You are not appropriately dressed to be walking about the palace."

"Thank you, Captain Obvious." She muttered, giving him a sideways glare. "If you don't care about barging into another person's sleeping quarters than why should I give a damn about walking around the palace with nothing but my nightie on?"