Authors Note, Copyright, Chapter One

**Keep in Mind that THIS Novel IS NOT a FanFiction**

THROUGH THE SANDS OF TIME Copyright © 2012 by Krista Warcop (K.M. Mosher)

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED: This literary work may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, including electronic or photographic reproduction, in whole or in part, without express written permission.

This book is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places, and incidents either are products of the author's imagination or are used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual events or locales or persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental.

***

Some research was done while/after I wrote this.  Do not take this as historically accurate as it is a work of fiction.  I am a puppet to my characters, an extension, the one that brings their story to life.

To Elisabeth, thank you for creating the current cover and editing and correcting some other mistakes that I had made.  

***

"It Starts!"

***

She didn't know how long she had been walking, but by God did she ever want to stop. To be able to have a nice cold beer and watch an episode of Supernatural sounded deliciously sinful. Yes, that sounded heavenly. Alas, she knew that was not going to happen anytime soon, not with miles upon miles of sand in every which direction she turned.

Looking out into the distance and across the horizon, Bailey gasped, awed by the beautiful, picture perfect moment displayed out in front of her.  The sun was beginning to set, shades of pink, purple, and orange lit up the late afternoon sky. Her hands immediately went to the bag located on her left side and grabbed her EOS Rebel T4i camera. Taking off the protective lens, aiming it, and pressing the shutter button many times before finally being content with the shots taken.

Running her fingers through her shoulder length dark brown hair, which was drenched with sweat, Bailey grimaced, a shiver of disgust sweeping over her. Beads of perspiration rolled down her face and all she could think of was finding the nearest hotel so she could have a nice, cool shower.

And what made the unbearable Egyptian heat even worse were the dark clothes that she had chosen with great intelligence to wear that day, and was mentally kicking herself greatly for it as she made her way through the desert, her breathing eventually becoming ragged, and every muscle in her body protesting loudly to being overused. Bailey cursed in a very unladylike fashion, feeling the caprice pants cling uncomfortably to her skin.

If her mother were there Bailey knew damn well that she wouldn't hear the end of it. She smiled then, hearing her mother now, chiding her on the poor choice of wardrobe in a country that was known for its searing heat.

The smile she wore slowly dwindled. Her heart clenched tightly, her mind flashing back to when her mother was first diagnosed with a rare form of bone cancer-a cancer that was caught too late to be treated. Bailey almost died that day.

She missed her mother dearly. She had been everything to Bailey. Her best friend, confidant, and the only woman Bailey would ever allow to kiss her on the cheek. But most of all she was a mother whom Bailey looked up to and hoped that when the day came for her to become one herself that she would be just like her own.

Bailey recalled the day her mother had requested her assistance on buying a suitable camera, and in that process made a bucket list of all the places she wanted to visit, and everything she ever wanted to do.

She had done everything on that list, except visit Egypt.

The determination to fulfill her mother's list and visit one of the oldest places in the world and fill her mother's camera to the brim with memories of her trip was everything to the twenty-year-old.