two

"A bike shack. Right where my house used to be. Right here." Reggie explained sadly.

"I'm sorry Reg." Jessa said. 

"And they made the Meyersons' house into a noodle shop. Why couldn't they have made mine a pizzeria or something?" 

"They tore down the whole neighborhood." Alex said. Jessa stood up on the log infront of them and looked at the new sight.

"I guess my folks are gone." Jessa looked at the boy, her hair now in a messy ponytail. 

"No, everyone's gone. Twenty-five years, gone." Luke sat beside Jessa's feet. "Friends, family, Bobby, everyone."

"Bobby, that's right." Reggie realized. "Guess that vegetarian lucked out. What do you think happened to him?"

"Probably just got old like everyone else and moved on." Luke said.

"Dude, how are you so casual about all this? Don't you wanna figure out what happened?" Alex asked.

"Let's be real for a second." Luke stood up, helping Jessa down from the log. "It's not like any of us were that close to our families. My folks always regretted me buying me that guitar. Reggie, your parents were literally one fight away from a divorce." Reggie cringed as he turned away from the group.

"Luke." Jessa warned as she walked up to Reggie. "Hey, it's okay." She grabbed his hand. Reggie quickly wrapped his arms around her and rested his head on hers.

"Alex, your parents were never cool again after you told them you were gay. And Jess? Do we even need to go there."

"Pow, pow." She said holding up a finger gun to her chest.

"Okay, none of us had it great." Alex said. "But at least we had something. You know, what do we have now? And before you say cool teleportation skills, just know I'm not entirely okay with that either all right? It tingles. In weird places." Jessa pulled away from Reggie, only to have him still grip her hand. 

"I'll tell you what we had. It's what we've had since they day we came together. We have us. We're the only family we're ever gonna need. You know what else we have?"

"I'm gonna guess death breath?" Reggie piped in. Jessa chuckled as she squeezed his hand.

"Our music, you dork." Luke chuckled as well. "We have our music, you guys. People, actual people can hear us play! And Jess, whenever you decide to play again they will be able to hear you! They can't see us, fine, but they can feel us. If I had my guitar, I'd play for all of these people right now."

"Just like what we did down at the pier." Jessa smiled.

"Exactly." Luke said excidely.

"They can't tip what they can't see." Alex mumbled.

"It's not about the tips, Alex. It's about playing music. Connecting with people. Making a difference in their day. I just ... I wish I had my guitar!" In a flash, Luke's guitar fell into his arms. 

"Whoa." Reggie said, dropping Jessa's hand in surprise. 

"How did you do that?" Jessa asked.

"I don't know. I-I mean I wished for it, and then it came in my hands."

"I-I wish I had a puppy." Reggie said quickly. Jessa started laughing as nothing happened. "A hamster? Pizza?" Jess was hunched over as she laughed harder and harder. Reggie turned around and kicked the sand before sitting down.

"Come one Reg." Jessa said recovering as she moved to stand behind him.

"I think, I know something that would cheer you up." Luke said as he started strumming his guitar.