The Cafe

The soft smell of coffee beans intoxicate my nose, giving a relaxing chill run down my spine. "Hey". A noise slightly disturbs me, but I quickly brush it off, going back to the relaxing feels. "Wake up". I get disturbed once again, my ears slightly going down in annoyance. "Get up!". That's it, I finally open my eyes, realizing that the smell is now gone. I blink once, trying to clear my blurry vision, but before I could continue, I feel something grab onto my leg, pulling me off my bed and to the ground.

"Ah!" I yelped, hitting the ground. I look up to see my brother looming over me. "Ugh, geez, couldn't you have NOT done that, Edric?", saying with clear annoyance.

"What would be the fun in that, Mittens?" I groan slightly at the nickname. I slowly get up and stretch my hands over my head, lacing my finger. "Anyways, me and Emira are gonna head out, so the house is all yours".

"Good to know" slightly yawning. Edric then ruffled my hair before turning around, leaving my room, and closing my door.

I stretch for a bit longer, then after a moment, "Bye!" I hear Edric and Emira shout, before a door opening and closing which I presumed to be the front door.

I look around my room, my bed in the far right corner from my door, with a nightstand beside, and a closet between the bed and the near right corner. On the left, a mirror and desk on the far left, and a bookshelf in the near left corner, containing some books that I felt more comfortable talking about compared to what I have in the secret room at the library. Then right in the far middle, was my window, which I would occasionally sit at. Looking at the mirror, I see a couple photos, one where I opened up a coffee shop and one of Luz...

"I miss her...", I mumble lightly. It has been about 5 years since Luz had left, still holding onto her memory slightly. I sighed, letting some feelings of sorrow leave me, as I walk over to the mirror, realizing how much of a mess I currently was. I grab a hair tie that lay on top of the desk, putting my hair up, though I recently changed it to show my undercut. I take a deep breath, before I fully start my day.

I draw a small circle in the air, drawing my scroll up to me from my nightstand. I check the time, "Oh shit!", I scream realizing if I don't hurry, I might be late to open up the cafe. I quickly went to my closet grabbing a quick outfit; dark gray jeans, a small chain belt that dangled a bit. I wore a black shirt, with a small lesbian pride flag on the left of my chest. I then grabbed my red and black flannel, tying it around my waist. I grabbed a key chain, a black leather wallet, along with my scroll, looking around my room one more time, making sure I don't forget anything. Then I quickly close my door, and jog to the front door, exiting quickly and making my way to the cafe, a small smile appearing on my face.

~~~

"Wo...finally made it" I said to myself, slowing down and unlocking the door. I head inside, taking a quick look around; there's a counter to order from to my right, with different coffee beans behind and a door leading into the far wall, which led to where the pastries were made. The left side contained seating for customers. Looking at the time, I realize I barely made it with a minute left, but remembering that people don't come that early.

I prop the door open with a door stopper, and I grab a small sign to put outside to show the menu. I then go behind the counter, making sure everything is in place, then realizing that Boscha wasn't here yet.

"I'm here!", I hear someone yell, as I look over to my left at the door, I see Boscha, clearly out of breath, bending down, putting her hand on her knees. I slightly chuckle at the sight.

"I barely got here as well", I said to reassure her. "Good thing we made it on time", I said looking down at the cup I was cleaning. Boscha lets out one more sign before straightening her back. "Head to the back, and get ready for the day", I say, answered with a nod from Boscha, as she starts to walk behind me and through the door. I yawn, and roll my shoulders getting myself ready.

~~~

"Hello", I hear a soft voice, slightly alarming me. I look up to see that it's Willow, and Gus, slightly behind her.

"Hey", I said, turning my attention towards them. "What can I do for you, guys?".

"Uhh, Is Boscha here?" Willow said, and I noticed her ears slightly go down and a slight blush arose on her face. I slightly chuckle then I go to the back door, opening it and peering in, seeing Boscha put some pastries into the oven.

"Hey, Boscha", I said, Boscha now looking over to me. "Your girlfriend is here, asking for ya". I notice that Boscha starts to blush. I tried to suppress my chuckle but I couldn't, as I saw her quickly making her way over, and coming to the front.

"Hi, Willow,'' Boscha said sweetly, and went over to Willow. They then proceeded to hug each other, and I averted my attention to Gus.

"Hey, want something?" As I pointed a thumb towards the coffee beans behind me.

"Mmm, sure. I think I'll just take a hot cocoa, with whip cream of course". I nod my head and start making a cup of hot cocoa for him. Once I finished, I handed it to him, telling him that the cup is hot.

"Willow, want something before we start to get customers?". I get a small hand wave 'no', and she turns her attention back to Boscha. "Damn, I wish I had a girlfriend", I mumble slightly under my breath. Just then a few customers started to roll in, signalling that Boscha was gonna have to go back to baking, she says her goodbyes and heads to the back. I wave bye to both Willow and Gus, then they leave, as I start taking orders.

~~~

Finally making it through the customers there, I stretch, feeling a lot of bones pop. Suddenly, Boscha comes in from the back, "I just finished up another batch of white chocolate cookies". I nod in response, giving another quick yawn.

"A few more hours until we can close for the day. Hey, wanna do something after or are ya meeting your girlfriend?" That made a small blush appear on her cheeks and ears, knowing she was thinking about Willow.

"I'm meeting up with her..." Boscha said a bit more embarrassed that I caught her. I chuckled, as I looked forward at the cafe, filled with customers.

"I'm so glad I decided to open this cafe. Especially after my parents kicked me out because of my sexuality, gladly Edric and Emira also left, done with it all." I sighed, not in a bad way though, a sigh filled with peace.

"It has been, what? Like a year since you opened this cafe?" I nodded in response. "Wow, and thanks for convincing me to try it out, I enjoy it more than I thought I would." Boscha says, also looking at the customers.

"Yah, I hope this never ends..." I say, hope filling my voice.

~~~

"Cya, Boscha." I say waving her goodbye while I lock up the cafe.

"Cya" Boscha says in response, as she walks away.

After the cafe is secured, I start walking home. I use a quick spell to get my scroll, not quite remembering where I had put it. I then opened penstagram, and checked the account for the cafe. I smiled slightly.

After messing around on my phone, I found myself scrolling through some old photos, until I landed on one of Luz and I laughing together. I froze for a second, slightly sad, but I continued to walk. I put a hand to my forehead, looking up slightly, "Ugh, why is she still affecting me, it has been years since I last saw her..." I looked back down at the photo, looking at Luz. "Hope you're well...Luz"

The End - Chapter 1