Dance Dance

We ate out at the diner again, his smile eased in once afternoon hit. It was brunch and everyone was fluttering by. Two girls walked by shooting me a dirty look, overhearing one say that I didn't deserve him. Whoever him was I think I earned my right. "So..." I tapped my fingers together, sure sign of a question.

"What is it, you have been blushing for the past fifteen minutes." He leaned over the table, the dark green shirt offset the green in his eyes. 

"Well I want to know who I kissed." I saw a look of tension in his eyes. 

"Why is that?" The poker face, I hated it but it was his only defense. 

"Because he is the only guy I'll ever be in love with." I sipped my coffee and waited for my potatoes. I stared at him, he gave away nothing.

"Oh." The plates came, we fell into silence. "How do you know you love him." 

"Simple. He was the one who stole my heart, that is why. I'm sure he knows more about me than I know about myself." I didn't know why I loved him, but a part of me said that he was the one.

He shook his head, "Stupid." He put his fist into my head and smiled. "Stupid." In return I stuck out my tongue. 

The bell rang as someone came in the already crowded diner, it was Jason. He smiled, I didn't mean to but I did. He went up to me and kissed me. He smiled and wrapped his arm around my waist. I waved to Robert, waving us off, I couldn't read his poker face. 

===============================================================================

"Glad I took you away huh?" I stared at him, I didn't know if it was him. I couldn't tell. 

"Uhhh--" He smiled, I didn't know he had braces, hmm they were cute on him.

"Good that is what I thought. So lets get you a dress." Honestly I didn't mind being with Robert, he was the only one who seemed to get me.

"I uhhh...okay." He led me on, his arm still wrapped around my waist.

Flirty Girls Parlor

I couldn't afford anything from there. I wasn't what he probably thought I was. It couldn't hurt to lie, could it. We walked into the perfectly air conditioned building. There were dresses lined the walls and in the center were beautiful Quince dresses. There it was this light green spaghetti strapped mini dress. I was in love with the dress. I couldn't believe how well it complimented my brown eyes. He smiled and twirled me around, I felt like we were alone on a palace dance floor and we were courting. 

I had looked down and my phone had been buzzing like crazy. Cathleane. "Hello"

"I'm busy right now, but just wanted to make sure you're coming to the party tonight?" 

I took a long--good look at myself and smiled with self satisfaction. "Yes girl. Its gonna be a night to remember." The rest of the day I spent with Jason, walking around town meeting his friends. They were amazingly cute and it wouldn't have hurt if we'd been alone together. 

===============================================================================

I met Cathleane and Robert and their dates at the house, we made a promise this would be the most amazing summer ever. 

We all walked in, not expecting to see people smoking weed, using hookahs and drinking from beer keggs. It was crazy, but we just blended in. Cathleane had met her date, the guy she'd spent her last two days with. He was tall, half black and Puerto Rican. Beautiful hazel eyes and dimples when he smiled. His name was Anthony Fuentez. Jr. 

Hmm, he might actually be a good mix for her. He had class and charm. He'd been the life of the party. I danced with Jason for a while, continuously peeking at Robert to see if he was having fun. "Hey I'm going to sit the next dance out." Jason shrugged and scooted mighty close to some blonde floozy. She bent over shaking her ass into his crotch and he pulled her in closer. 

I looked over next to me, Robert had a smirk on his face. "Now I really don't want to tell you this--but I told you so. He is nothing but a punk ass." He leaned into the ragged weed smelling sofa, and placed his hands, neatly folded, behind his head. 

"Yeah I guesso, but at least Cathleane is having fun." I slumpped over leaning on my legs twidling with the ring my father gave me. As I spoke her name she came running over, quite tipsy already, to me and Robert. Her plaid mini skirt, contrasted with ber bright neon tube-top. Her hair was twisted into funky little pinwheels. She smiled and plopped in between us. Jr. handed me a Robert a drink and we toasted. The room started spinning. I had been trying to search for my phone in heated despiration. 

I went out, the last thing I thought I had saw was Cathleane and Anthony leave.