《18》 Masked Goddess

Due to her injuries, Kai was once again unable to participate in the making of the sulfa drug and just watched them work from the shed. Once in awhile she would laugh at Kohaku's terrifying face whenever Senku mentioned anything about a poison like chemical. It was an amusing sight for the ravenette.

'It sure became lively here...' Kai smiles, unable to keep her eyes away from their busy bodies running around. A small sigh escapes her lips, now turning her gaze back inside and towards her ankle that was upon the stool. Her smile dropped then, as her hands reached over behind one of the clay pots of Chrome's shed. She picked out folded brown cloth, along with a stone needle and plopped it down her lap.

  She peered back outside the shed, making sure that no one was approaching or looking her way. When she found them all occupied in the laboratory she turns and continued to sew the brown cloth together...slowly but surely taking form.

'I'm also...not giving up...!!'

~*~

  At the same time, a silhouette of a young leaned man came in view from behind some trees. His bare feet bellow gently touch the ground despite how rough they seem. He paid no mind to the eyes that bore his retreating back, in fact, he was so lost in his own thoughts that he didn't even notice them. His amber eyes solely look up ahead on a field filled with beautiful green flowers. His tall form stopped briefly to admire the breathtaking view, unable to look away as the small breeze waved his long brown locks back and forth in rhythm,  'So beautiful...'

At that moment, his ears caught a sound of timid footsteps from behind, but he knew very well who it was despite not even turning around. The said person stands by his side, hearing them gasp at the sight before them.

 The said person stands by his side, hearing them gasp at the sight before them

 "LimeLight Hydrangea..." The person beside him mumbles, slowly walking up to the field of said flowers and gently touching its small petals with the edge of his fingers. The field of hydrangea flowers were all alined as a pathway of some sort was opened in between.

 "It's such a beautiful place Tsukasa...but...why did you bring me here?" His ebony eyes peer back at the long-haired man, who in return ignored his question and walked towards the pathway in between the hydrangea plants. Quickly, the other followed behind him.
'Strange...he's never this quiet....' He thought with a frown, covering his hands with his purple long-sleeved coat. He glanced over at the young man, despite how tall and built he was compared to him. It was hard to believe that he was much older than Tsukasa. Before he can ask him once again when he caught glimpse of what's ahead...making him almost stop dead on his tracks. 

 'Y-You're kidding...?'

Up ahead...there was a thin wooden rod that was dug halfway through the dirt floor below. But what surprised the bi-colored man was the attacked cloth, in which he recognized it to be Kai's...the same cloth he ripped out of her dress. His ebony eyes widened, watching silently as Tsukasa pulls out a small bouquet of lily flowers out of nowhere and knelt down to place them just in front of the rod. It all made sense to Gen now, the many hours Tsukasa has been missing...was being here at Kai's grave.