[Closed] January 16, 2015 - Alternate Universe Contest

What if...

To celebrate new beginnings, Wattpad is hosting an alternate universe contest and the possibilities are endless!

What Do I Write About?

The theme is "alternate universe," so we are asking Wattpadders to write a oneshot in which canonical aspects of the world being explored have been changed. Stories should be no more than 10,000 words. All fandoms are welcome.

Things to Consider

• Pay attention to your grammar and spelling to make sure that your story is understandable and accessible.

• Try to convey feeling and emotion in your story with ample depth and detail.

• Keep your content appropriate for all Wattpadders to enjoy (G, PG, or PG-13).

Submission

To participate, post your entry from your Wattpad profile as a NEW story and tag your submission with "fanficfriday" and "alternateuniverse." The deadline for submissions is Thursday January 29th at 11:59 PM EST. Along with a creative story title, please ensure you indicate the fandom you are writing about in brackets (i.e., [Avengers AU]). You can submit one (1) oneshot for this contest.

Dates & Judges

The contest will run for two weeks, starting today, Friday January 16th, and ending Thursday January 29th at 11:59 EST. The Wattpad Team will choose ten (10) winners, and we will announce them on February 6th.

Prizes

To celebrate our favorite entries, the winners of the Alternate Universe Contest will receive a shoutout from the Fanfic profile, have their story added to an appropriately-themed reading list, and be mentioned on our Fanfic Twitter channel.

This contest is now closed. Check out the winners, here.