[CLOSED] Comic Book Cover Contest - May 2022

Do you love drawing? Do you like a good comic book as much as we do? Then you're in the right place! 

Welcome artists, amateurs & professionals alike! In honor of Free Comic Book Day which was May 7th, 2022, we here at Fanfic are bringing you a colorful new contest!

We challenge you to make your very own comic book cover. The fandom, characters, and art on your cover are up to you; but we have one twist... one word... Retro. That's right. Your cover must contain at least one retro component. Whether that component is color, style, or design is completely up to you.

Definition of retro: At its core, retro design is a new design that utilizes trends and characteristics of the past. It could be inspired by features of an older design style or it could be an updated version of it. Images from previous generations are brought back in a new creation that adopts old styles and presents them in a modern way. Examples of retro are whimsical elements, muted colors, bold graphics, and heavy patterns.

 Examples of retro are whimsical elements, muted colors, bold graphics, and heavy patterns

▶️ Contest starts May 16th, 2022 & ends May 31st, 2022 at 11:59 pm CST.

▶️ Your cover must contain a retro component.

▶️ You can submit your entries here using our contest submission form.

▶️ You may submit more than one cover, but only one cover per user can win.

▶️ Your entry must adhere to Wattpad's Content Guidelines.

▶️ Mature content is not allowed for this contest. 

▶️ LQBTQ+ content is, of course, welcomed.

▶️ All fandoms are welcome.

▶️ The link to your submission must link directly to a chapter with your cover or to an uploaded cover on imgur.com.

✴️ Winners will receive a sticker

✴️ Winners will receive a shoutout from our message board.

✴️ The winner covers will be added to our Winner Anthology.

✴️ Bragging rights. This is the most fun. :)

❗️ Winners will be announced in mid-June and will be contacted through their inboxes. The winning stickers will be distributed by the end of June.

Ready...

Set...

Draw...!

D I S C L A I M E R

Please note, this contest and its rules are the creation of a team of Ambassadors (volunteers) and is in no way affiliated with Wattpad or its staff. Judging of said contest is entirely run by its creators and is not the responsibility of Wattpad or its staff. We reserve the right to refuse entries to this contest that we feel do not meet the required criteria, that are unsuitable or potentially triggering. We are not obliged to give any feedback relating to entries, and any given is at our discretion. Please note that the decision of the judges is final, and that abusive language or behavior directed at the Ambassadors, the profile, or the judges, will not be tolerated.