Chapter 1

(A/N: If you are looking for some deep, psychological, slow-burn fanfiction... I'm sorry to disappoint but this isn't the one. I wrote this small fanfiction a couple of months ago and decided to edit it recently. It's easygoing and quite short, but I still wanted to share it. I hope you guys enjoy.)

_________

"No."

"Please, Akari." She clasped her hands together, shamelessly flashing those desperate eyes despite the weird looks she was receiving from the other students. "If you join, we are guaranteed a win!"

"Get up." Akari sighed, as she gestured for her friend to rise from her knees. "You are embarrassing me."

"I won't till you say yes."

"..."

Akari looked around.

Everyone was staring at her loud friend, and the interaction which was going down.

"Fine." She stood up from her desk. "But only as a substitute. I'll only go on when it's absolutely necessary. So please... stand up."

...

She didn't want to be here, but the situation was too awkward to say no to. Knowing her friend, she wouldn't have backed down without a 'yes.'

Miyagi Prefectural Qualifiers, a volleyball tournament that as the title suggests, qualifies you for the Interhigh.

Who would have thought she would be dragged back into this suffocating court?

What good was to come of it?

She made her way down the hallway to a water dispenser.

"Ah, it's full." She said, triumphantly, but you wouldn't be able to hear it by the lack of excitement in her voice.

She squatted down and began to fill up her water bottle as she heard the footsteps coming from behind her.

"Kageyamaaa! That's not funny!"

She turned her head.

Karasuno High.

At first glance, the players were nothing special. There was the tall powerhouse ace, the guardian angel receiver, and some newbies. However, the small orange haired boy and the setter... those were too special even for her to miss.

Especially the setter. She remembered him from middle school.

She is seen and heard all about those inhumane spikes. They were a deadly combo.

She stared as they walked down the hallway, getting closer to her.

The small one... Hinata, was it? He met her eyes.

"Oh, are you from Aoba Johsai?" He questioned, getting up close.

She blinked her widened eyes, before relaxing her face and giving him a bitter smile.

"Mmm." She nodded, standing up and spinning close her water bottle.

"You seriously still go to the same school as that prick?" The taller setter, mumbled as a gray haired boy punched his right arm. "Hey! The hell was that for?!"

"Be nice." The boy lectured before turning to face Akari. "Sorry for them, they are a little... tense."

"Understandable." She sighed. "It's an important game after all."

"Yeah." The boy laughed as he rubbed the back of his neck. "This is Kageyama and Hinata. I'm Sugawara. The rest are-."

"I didn't ask for introductions." She said, raising her eyebrow. "There is no need for useless formalities."