Chapter 5

We drove around town looking for thrift stores or a charity shop. Theia texted Kayla telling use that they found a place and to park up on Gem street. Me and Kayla got out the car and walked up the street to meet up with the girls. They were standing outside a shop called Hidden Gems.

It's a charity shop we should be able to get some stuff here for the dance' said Theia.

'Ok lets go in then and see what they have', replied Kayla.

We all walk in and split off into different direction hoping that if we do this will have a better chance at finding the best stuff. After ten minutes we come together near the changing rooms and see what each other have found. We sort through the big pile of clothes.

'There's only two changing rooms. Why don't you two go first and Kerrys and I will pick out what we want to try on while uses are changing' I suggest to the girls.

'Alright we'll be right back', says Theia.

'Ask Kree to the dance, I know he's feeling you, don't let that bitch Bailey get in your head' says Kerrys.

'She's not, I just don't know if he would say yes, plus I saw them together in the parking lot after school. She's probably already asked him' I replied.

'So, doesn't mean he said yes I know he likes you he's not going to go with her' Kerrys retorts.

'I don't know, plus we've only just met, so he doesn't owe me anything', I mumble.

'It's not going to happen again Sage' Kerrys says whilst she put her arm around me.

'What's not?' I question.

'What went on with Bailey and Thierry... not every boy you like is going to be like that asshat. The universe can't be that cruel to a good person like you' Kerrys answers.

I sat there thinking over what Kerrys just said and she's right the universe can't be that cruel to me....can it? While I was thinking if the universe was working against me Theia and Kayla come out of the changing rooms with their outfits on.

'Wow uses look great' enthused Kerrys. I look up and see Theia in a 1920 suit, it was black and dark grey she looked like Tommy Shelby from Peaky Blinders but you know the female version.

'Yeah you look amazing Theia' I said.

'Hey what about me? Even though I know I look good, it would be nice to hear it from others' said Kayla.

I turned my head to face Kayla and I was in awe. Kayla looked incredible. She was wearing a black sequined dress with gold tassels dripping off it.

'You look so beautiful Kayla, you should defo get that dress' We all agreed.

'Alright you guys go next and then after this will grab something to eat and then head home because I have homework to do' Kayla says.

Kerrys and I nod and head into the changing rooms .I tried on a white dress with gold sequins embodied on it and tassels dangling at the bottom of the dress. I open the door of the changing room to see what my girls thought.

'Wow that dress is everything and more, I don't care what anyone else says your getting that' Kayla encouraged.

I smile at Kayla and then turn my head to Theia. She smiles at me and nods.

'Okay, I'll get it'. I look to the other curtain wondering what Kerrys is doing. 'Kerrys what's taking you so long?'

'Why didn't the 1920 have fitted dresses, gosh why are they all so loose?' Kerrys said frustratingly.