Chapter 7

"His name is Kyle. He's 22 and sooooo perfect" I smiled just thinking about the amazing guy i had spent the entire weekend with. It was now Sunday night and Chelsea was beyond mad at me for ditching her all weekend. But I couldn't help it. I couldn't get enough of Kyle.
"Okay, so let me get this straight. Although I thought you weren't straight..."she sighed before continuing. "First you tell me that you're interested in girls mostly... Then you go and ditch me to spend the entire weekend with some albeit dreamy but one hundred percent MALE stranger Not cool Shelbs.... You're one confusing chick." She ranted.

"I said you never know what could happen, didn't i? I told you that a guy could come along and sweep me off of my feet. And Kyle did. Oh my god Chels. He's so sweet. And sexy. And just ugh. Perfect." I sighed. And so did Chelsea.

"Okay, I just don't want you to get hurt. So are you guys like officially a thing?" She questioned.

"Well yeah I guess so! I mean. He's picking me up from school tomorrow and we're gonna hang out before he goes into work." I couldn't wait to see him again.

"Oh and what does lover boy do?"
Shit. I didn't want to tell her that Kyle worked at a bar as a buss boy, but I couldn't lie to her. And she's not really the type of person to judge. I just know she will say I deserve better.
"Uhm. He's a barkeep slash busboy at a bar."I could pretty much feel her disapproving glare through the phone.

"Really? Shelby you know you deserve better than that. Someone who has aspirations. And can take care of you." She sighed deeply.
I knew it.
"But.." She went on "you're a big girl. And you make your own choices. I love you no matter what babe."
I smiled. "Thanks Chels. I'll see you in the morning Kay? I'm pooped."
"Goodnight Shelby. I love youuuuu" she sang through the phone. I said goodnight back and pulled the covers over my body. Smiling at the thought of seeing Kyle again tomorrow.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I walked into English and Tony immediately started teasing me.
"She was so cute! All lovey and shit. So Shelb. Tell us about him!" He joked.
I rolled my eyes and before I could answer him ms Sawyer cleared her throat behind us.
"Mr Adams, Ms Cramer... Please be quiet and do your work." She requested with a smile.
"Sorry Ms Sawyer, I just wanna know all about Shelbys new boyfriend!" He grinned. I turned to ms Sawyer and she looked down at me, furrowing her brow.
"Well, congratulations Shelby. But this conversations going to have wait for a more appropriate time. Please get back to work." She said sternly. Whoa.
I muttered an apology and didn't speak for the rest of the period.
When the bell rang all of the students packed up their work and started shuffling out. And I desperately wanted to go with them. But I had theatre. Ugh.
"Sorry for getting us in trouble shelb." Tony gave me a sad smile. I told him it was okay and hugged him goodbye.
Once everyone was gone an awkward silence filled the room. I looked up to ms Sawyer and she was staring at me.
"So. You have a boyfr-" she was cut off by a few students coming through the door. "Hey ms Sawyer! Hey Shelby!" They greeted us. I now knew that their names were Travis and Sarah. I looked back at her and she just looked away.
The entire class period passed and she wouldn't make eye contact with me. I worked in a group with Travis and Sarah and Travis was flirting with me like crazy. I didn't pay him any mind however, there was one thing on my mind, Kyle. Just two more classes until he would be here to pick me up.
My phone vibrated and I looked down at the screen...
Hey babygirl! I'll be there to pick u up after ur last class. Gotta work 2nite tho so I gotta drop you back at the school in a few hours. See you soon!
I couldn't wait to see him, even if it was only for a few hours.

Chemistry dragged. chelsea pestered me to tell her everything about kyle. even though i didnt know much i was happy to tell her everything i could remember about him. including how the sex was. Yeah i slept with him, but i was young and drunk. and he was sooo hot. chelsea pretended to be jealous but i knew she was more than happy with Clay. whatever they were.

i was too excited to see Kyle so i decided to skip aiding for miss sawyer the day. she was cool so she would understand. i texted kyle and told him to come get me now.

i casually walked out the main entrance to the school to see kyles old beat up ford ranger waiting for me in the bus lane. our school wasnt very strict so it was extremely easy to escape undetected. i climbed in and he passionately kissed me, i had been waiting all day for this. we drove around, got smoothies and talked for a few hours. then he dropped me back off at school. it was obvious that school had let out some time ago because the only cars in the lot, besides my own, were in the teachers section. i kissed him good bye and turned to walk towards my car. just as i reached my car i heard my name being called out. i turned around and saw Miss Sawyer walking towards me shit.

she was probably mad that i skipped fourth period. She watched kyle peel out of the parking lot then turned and raised her eyebrows at me and i gave her a shy smile...

"i guess i dont need to ask you where you were during fourth?" she asked.

"uhh, im soo sorry. i really just wanted to see-" she raised her hand to stop me from continuing.

"listen, i understand being attracted to the older, bad, boys....but, i really think that you should tread lightly. you dont even know this boy yet and youre skipping school for him? please Shelby, i would really hate to see your grades falter due to a boy." i coukdnt tell if she was being friendly or if she was lecturing me. i just nodded my head as a thank you. she continued.

"and please, dont skip class anymore. being an aid is a privilege and i do enjoy your company." she winked and began walking away towards her blue 2010 mitsubishi eclipse, she climbed in the drivers seat and started the engine.... i didnt realize i was staring until she pulled up next to me and put her window down.

"see ya tomorrow." she smiled and gave me a wink before driving off.

i let out the breath that i had unknowingly been holding... this was going to be very interesting year.