Chapter 20

I knew this was going to happen, I was even prepared for this, but I didn’t expect it to hurt this much. “Scarlet, these are them. Our children, remember?” My dad asked softly, pleading.

Her eyes glazed over, “No.” She whispered, shaking her head slightly, “I-I.” She mumbled.

“Come on I’ll show you your room dear.” My dad told her pulling her with him up the stairs. Tears were going down both of my parents cheeks, my brothers and mine. Hunter coughed letting go of my hand, running his fingers through his hair he walked over to the couch to sit down.

“Why doesn’t she remember?” Danny asked between hiccuping.

“Danny.” I sighed softly wrapping my arms around him. “Don’t you remember the accident?” He nodded into my stomach and I gently ran my fingers through his hair to sooth him. “Remember she hit her head really hard and now she doesn’t remember, but that doesn’t mean that she doesn’t love you because she does, she loves you so much. Okay?”

“Thanks Nora, you’re my favorite sister.” He squeezed me tighter.

I laughed, “Danny I’m your only sister.”

“Yeah but if I had to choose a sister out of the whole world, it would still be you.”

“Aw Danny!” I cooed kissing the top of his head, “You’re the best little brother in the world.”

Hunter coughed again, “Excuse me?”

“I said little brother.” I rolled my eyes, “Just like you’re the best  older brother.”

“Eh.” He shrugged leaning back into the couch.

“Don’t you have something to say to me?” I asked.

“Oh, yeah uh you’re the best sister ever?” He asked, smirking.

“I can feel the love, really Hunter it’s too much.” I told him sarcastically.

“You know I love you.” He laughed.

We stopped talking as we heard footsteps on the stairs. Dad came into view with tears in his eye. He smiled slightly, “She wants to be left alone for now.”

“Daddy?” Danny asked walking over to him.

“Yeah, Dan?” He greeted him with a hug.

“Is she going to be alright?”

Dad laughed, “yeah buddy she’s going to fine.” He ruffed up his hair, “Pizza?”

“Yay!” Danny shouted and I smiled and nodded.

Dad left to pick up the pizza with Danny and that left Hunter and I to watch TV waiting for mom to come back downstairs. She didn’t.

“How’d the audition go?” I asked after the show went to commercials.

“Good, I guess. We didn’t really stick around to ask, Ash will get the call later I suppose.” he shrugged not taking his eyes off the TV.

“Oh.” I nodded, mm I’m going to have to call Asher later, not that I wasn’t going to anyway.

Just as that thought crossed my mind, Hunter’s phone began to ring. I sighed annoyed when my dad walked in with the pizza.

“Finally.” I  laughed standing up, “I’m starving.”

“I’m sure.” Danny snorted, great he’s decided to go back to normal.

“Just give me pizza!” I whine taking a box for him.

“Dad!” he whined and I smiled going back into the living room.