Chapter 14: Telling The News

Currently listening to: Youtube Rewind 2014

--

You walked inside the cafe, the amazing smell of pastries and bakings met you in an instant. You took one more breathe before walking towards the counter. Cass was there, placing another batch of cupcakes in the oven. You let out a cough and Cass spun around. When she saw you, she immediately walked over to you, giving you a tight hug. "Ooooh! Hello (Y/N)! It's nice to see you again!" Cass said, hugging you once again.

After pulling away, you gave her one of your fake smiles. "It's nice to see you too aunt Cass. Have you seen Hiro? I need his help with something." you said, holding out your folder. Cass pinched her nose and looked at the ceiling. "I think he's upstairs. Why don't you go see him? He has been in his room for a whole three days." Cass said, pointing at the stairs. You giggled.

He's probably grounded for bot fighting

"Thanks aunt Cass!" you said as you made your way upstairs. when you did, you knocked on Hiro and Tadashi's door. For a few seconds, you heard footsteps stumbling to get near the door until it finally opened, to see a bored Hiro who was eating gummy bears. "Oh (Y/N). Didn't expect you to be here? What's up?" Hiro said, letting you inside the room. You quickly looked up, "What's up? Hmm, maybe lights and a ceiling. You could probably see it if you look up." you joked, sitting on Hiro's own bed.

Hiro rolled his eyes before sitting on his swivel chair. "Very funny I forgot to laugh." Hiro mocked, making a face that made you laugh. "What brought you here?" Hiro questioned, spinning himself on his swivel chair. You rolled your eyes, "My sport bike brought me here, silly." you joked once again and Hiro stopped spinning his swivel chair and stared at you, unamused.

"You know what? I give up talking to you! I'm so--"

"Okay okay! Wait! Don't go!" you said, grabbing Hiro by his collar, making him stop from opening the door and chocking himself. You forced Hiro to sit down as he tried to re-adjust his collar. "Ow, you and Sarah are like twins. Grab me somewhere else, not my collar. Do you want me to choke to death?" Hiro complained after fixing his collar. You made a weird face before responding, "Maybe~"

"I can't do this." Hiro said and was about to stand up again but you pulled him back to his swivel chair. "Geez, you're easy to fool. Stop being a butthurt person, Hiro." you said, crossing your legs as well as your arms. Hiro let out a groan of complain before placing his hand on his forehead. "What do you want with me, (Y/N)?" Hiro asks, hoping that you would answer properly.

You swiftly took out your folder and handing it over to Hiro who just reluctantly took it. "I need you to help me with some formulas for my invention. I really need a help from a genius! Can you help me?" you begged as you clasped your hands together in a praying style while trying to make a cute puppy face. Hiro was listening to your every word as he browsed through your invention sketches.

"This...actually looks good. But your formulas do need some work. Maybe I could help you." Hiro said, closing the folder. A smile appeared in your face as you attacked Hiro into a hug. "Oh, thank you so much Hiro! I'm so happy right now!" you exclaimed, pulling Hiro away from your hug. Hiro rolled his eyes, "Sure. But you owe me one pack of gummy bears."

You chuckled, "Sure. If that's what you want." you said and you both started to work on your invention.

***

"I think this could work, right?" you questioned Hiro, giving him the formula that you have been working on for hours now. Hiro examined the paper for quite a while before shaking his head and giving it back to you. "No. Try again. I'm also working on my own." Hiro said, looking back at his own work. You huffed cutely before erasing  your recent formula and writing another one but only to give up in seconds and bang your head on Hiro's pillow.