Chapter 2: Hiro Hamada || revised

You groggily woke up from your long slumber. Being jet lag was tiring and the fact the babies in the airplane didn't cease their irritating cries just made your head ache even more and that's the main reason why you didn't get any sleep at all in the plane. Looking through the small gap from your curtains, you scowled annoyingly. Great, first day in San Fransokyo. I'm so excited. Note the strong sarcasm there.

Beginning your morning was very uneventful. You miraculously managed to stare at the ceiling with uninterested eyes without blinking. Only a few people can handle such boredom, such as yourself. Then a memory sparked your mind for a split second and you found yourself wondering how San Fransokyo changed since the last seven years.

You rose up from your mattress and began your usual routine in an immediate before heading out, stuffing your house keys into your pocket. You got on your good ol' sport bike, placed your helmet on before speeding off. Not long after, you found yourself parking near the San Fransokyo park, your used to be favorite hang out area before you left San Fransokyo. You got off and took of your helmet, swaying your (HAIR COLOR) hair back and fro, gaining a few unwanted attention.

You whipped your head and shot them an icy glare, causing them to stiffen under your gaze. "Back to your own business, punks." You growled dangerously low at them and you headed into the park, plugging in your earphones and enjoyed the first song that blasted on.

The park was unusually quiet, in your opinion. Back then, rewinding seven years back, the park was lively and filled eager chatters from group of friends and the kids laughter was melodic to everyone's ears. But at the current moment, it was nothing like that. Sure, the kids' laughter remains but it's annoying and made your blood boil to the point you want to strangle someone, for some unknown reason. There were teenagers around and the only thing they lack was too shove there eyeballs on their phone. A group of senior citizens sat around a wooden park bench, probably talking about how their life went so far.

You came into a skidding halt when your eyes landed on a familiar looking boy, around the age of fourteen or fifteen, who was sitting on a patch of grass, fiddling with what seems like a robot. He looks like he was struggling with it though, the way he grunted in effort and mutter curses indirectly made it so obvious. Normally, you'd just ignore kids like him and go on with your life but his familiarity and similarity with someone made you put your attention and curiousness on him. And you were in no good terms with that someone talking about.

He looks so familiar....Who is this kid?

Your legs flat out turned against you, the reason why you are currently making your way to the familiar boy. You plopped yourself right beside him, waving a hand to gain his attention. "Hey there," You greeted, smiling softly. The boy glanced at you, flashing you a confused look. "Oh, hey to you too." He says, not bothering to look up to give you a proper and respectful greeting. You frowned, the corners of your lips falling in an instant at his blunt greeting.

Snob much?

"Wait, is that a controller? You look like you need help fixing it. Here, let me," you motioned to grab the controller from this grasp only for him to move it far from your reach. You were slightly offended by the gesture by kept quiet about it, not wanting to get on the kid's bad side.

"You? A girl? Try to fix something? Yeah, right. Don't make me laugh. Girls can't fix anything, especially not as something as complicated as my controller. To be honest, girls only make things worst. Why don't you run along and buy shoes or whatever teenage girls want these days? Boy group posters or shoes or whatever. Leave me and let the professional do his job in peace." The boy boasted with a copy grin, and you immediately noticed the cute tooth gap he had. He resumed ignoring you and went back to fixing his controller, trying to fix it, to be precise.