The Enchanted Forest

a/n: okay so wHY DO I NEED A COVER IT TOOK ME A CENTURY TO EVEN COME UP WITH A TITLE SO WHY A COVER I HAVE BETTER THINGS TO DO

*cough* nothing *cough*

so enjoy this perfect picture that isn't even relevant to the story

anyway i hope you enjoy it it's my longest one-shot so far (and the first one featuring snowing yay yay yay)
________________________________________________________
"Charming?"

David was laying on her couch, obviously exhausted after six hours of work. Yet he managed to answer with a weak "Hello".

Mary Margaret stifled a laugh as she sat in a corner of the couch by her husband's feet. "Believe it or not, baby Neal leaves me feeling like this every day." She gazed adoringly at their son, who was sleeping peacefully in his crib.

"Oh, I believe you. I'm the one who helps you put him to sleep every night." He sighed. "I miss the Enchanted forest, you know?"

Concern flashed through her eyes for a second or two. "Don't you like it here? Now we've got Neal, and Emma's finally living with us..."

"Not for long," he retorted. "She won't live here for the rest of her life. Soon enough she'll get her own apartment with that boyfriend of hers. And Henry."

She sighed. "But won't that happen in the Enchanted Forest? Emma wouldn't like being a princess because she was raised in this world. Here our biggest risk is for her to move across the country, but what if our daughter runs away and she's on the Jolly Roger 2.0? How could we find her?"

"Mary Margaret, she wouldn't do that... Emma knows how much she means to us. And she really does care about us."

"How do you know?" Her wife asked, getting more and more worried by the minute. "How can you be so sure Emma wouldn't like a life of her own instead of the one we're forcing her to live?"

"She isn't selfish enough to do something like that-"

"And neither are we! We won't move back to the Enchanted Forest, David! If you want that so bad, get yourself a magic bean and go there by yourself, but I'm happy here and so are our children!"

As David opened his mouth to say something, he was cut off by a very pissed off Emma walking down the stairs. "You do know I can hear you, right?"

They both froze as their daughter walked into the room, looking extremely annoyed at her parents. "Why are you having this argument now, when you could have talked about it with me? You are discussing whether I will run away with Killian or live happily ever after in your castle," she said, and then paused to take a seat. "But more importantly, if you go to the Enchanted Forest, I get dragged there too! Could you at least have the decency to approach me first!"

Mary Margaret was the one who spoke first, though reluctantly. "Emma, we're sorry, this came out of nowhere... It's not like we were actually considering going."

"We weren't?" David raised his voice. He was sitting in the couch instead of laying there like before. "Now that Emma has made it clear that she won't run away-"

"She hasn't!" His wife interrupted him.

"Well, she won't! What's the big problem with the Enchanted Forest now?"

"It's that-"

"Stop it! You're waking Neal up!" Their daughter lied, wanting them to quit acting like this and discuss it like normal adults. "You're doing it again, acting like I'm not here! You might have been alone in the Enchanted Forest, but now you have a thirty years old daughter, and you better get used to that!"