A Fight To Remember

Everyone Annabeth had faced so far was mediocre. There was this one girl, Clarisse, who managed to land a punch or two but the rest were useless, honestly.

The one she was fighting now was not any different. His moves were predictable. This so-called 'champion' was absolute trash.

Block.

Duck.

Attack.

Annabeth took the opening and kneed him in the gut. This proved to add significant damage to the injuries she previously inflicted upon him. His attacks slowed. Annabeth took that to advantage and ended the fight with a jab at his throat, effectively knocking him out. The entire crowed screamed.

Chase! Chase!

She grabbed the money she won and left. She had no business there after the fights. Thalia ran up to her and told her about her next opponent.

"So, I followed your request and got someone whose gonna give you a challenge. Your next fight's on Friday with Jackson."

"And you're sure he's good? Cause that's what you said about the last billion people."

"Yes, Annie, I'm sure that he's good. He defeated Kronos." She said, rolling her eyes.

"So did I." She dead panned, but her respect for this Jackson grew. Kronos was a very hard person to beat. Even if she managed to do it, she was one of the only people who could.

She said goodbye to Thalia and headed home, thinking about her opponent this Friday.

She was gonna have to go back to gym to train if she wanted to beat this Jackson guy. Not that she didn't on normal matches, but she was gonna have to put some extra effort for this match. Annabeth hadn't lost a single match and she wasn't going to lose now. Today was a Tuesday, so she had roughly two days to prepare.

Once she reached her apartment, she made herself dinner and finished up some assignments she had to complete. If she wanted to maintain her scholarship at Colombia, she was gonna have to study and actually do her assignments. But, of course, the scholarship doesn't cover the entire fees, hence her fighting. Once she was done with her assignments and dinner, she put everything away and fell asleep.

The next day, she had just two classes so she spent most of the day in the gym. Thalia owned the gym so she could train with Thalia for endless hours, as long as both of them were up to it. Thalia was good but not as good as Annabeth. Annabeth could knock Thalia out in a two minutes flat. But for the sake of training, she held back and prevented from doing so for the sake of her training. Thalia told her that this Jackson was her cousin from her dad's side. His name was Perseus, but apparently he like to be called Percy. Apparently, he was quite agile for being such a tall person.

But Annabeth already knew that. Anyone who could successfully defeat Kronos could fight. Only if they have talent, will anyone ever be able to defeat him. Annabeth, herself, almost lost. She focused on the opponent in front of her. She slid her leg around Thalia's and pulled. Thalia lost her balance and fell to the ground and Annabeth pinned her.

"Damn, Chase."

"You need to work on your stance. It's not firm. If anyone did that against me, they would have hurt themselves."

"Right, stance. Got it. Will do."

Annabeth got off. She stretched and headed to the showers. Once she was out, she saw Thalia punching the bag, with a lot of force.

"Someone's in a bad mood."

"Yeah, I'm just frustrated with my dad. As usual. We were supposed to go out for dinner today, but he cancelled. Again, as usual."