Chapter two

Katya and Violet were sitting in Bianca and Adore's room, watching as the two played video games. They had thirty minutes before curfew so Katya decided to ask Violet the question she had been avoiding. "What happened with Trixie?" She said, trying not to look at Violet. "What do you mean?" she said, staring at her phone. "Well she said she wouldn't tell me and I just wondered if..." She said fading off when violet looked at her. "You talked to her?" Katya nodded, rolling her eyes. "Yes, I did, I just want to know what happened." Katya continued, "She just tells her dad everything and it annoys people, that's it." Violet said returning to her phone. Katya sighed, "That can't be it, that isn't enough to hate someone. "Fine, When we were thirteen, Trixie started dating an older student called Pearl. They were inseparable. Trixie's dad never liked them being together so he was really harsh on Pearl. Of course he never took it out on Trixie. Well, the two of them slept together, but Trixie regretted it and claimed that Pearl had forced her into it. Pearl was obviously mad as there were texts proving otherwise. Two weeks later, Trixie got beat up, not for the first time, but she blamed it on Pearl who wasn't even on campus. Trixie's dad had Pearl expelled as a punishment for what she supposedly did to Trixie." Violet explained, returning to her phone after to leave Katya to process it.

"I still don't get why everyone would hate her. It was an immature relationship, with an age difference that went wrong. Why did that make everyone hate her?" Katya said, still confused. "Pearl was one of the best students here. She was Mr Mattel's favourite student even while the two of them were dating. Sure he didn't like the relationship, but he still adored Pearl until Trixie interfered. There was no evidence that anything had happened, but Trixie played it up and got Pearl expelled." Katya thought it over in her head. She wondered if Trixie would agree with that version. "Look, just stay away from her. She's not a good person to hang around. She's ratted out so many other people for stupid things." Violet warned.

"Does anyone actually know that she's telling him, he could find out another way?" Katya argued, she was struggling to see how anyone as timid and quiet as Trixie could have such malicious intent. "Her dad knows things that he shouldn't. Trixie knows about everything that happens here and she relays it all to her father. Stop defending her, she's bad news."

Trixie was sat on her bed with her laptop on her stomach. She was scrolling through tumbler, music playing in her ears. She kept thinking about Katya, even though she knew she shouldn't. Trixie knew how it worked, every new student would be told the same story and would turn against Trixie like everyone else. She just hoped Katya wouldn't join in with the others, she didn't know if she could take that.

Trixie sighed as her phone went off, nobody but her family texted her. When she saw that the text was from her dad she felt her anxiety rise. She didn't have the best relationship with her father, no-one knew that though. They all thought she was a "daddy's girl," but that couldn't be farther from the truth. Trixie barely spoke to her parents but nobody cared about that. Trixie wanted to ignore the text but she knew that it would only make her dad angry. When she received a second text telling her that she needed to come to his office, she knew she had to listen. She shut off her laptop and kept her head down as she made her way to his office. She hated meeting people on the way, as they always knew where she was heading. People always said she was "running to daddy." She tried not to listen and kept her eyes down the entire way. Once she arrived, she knocked on the office door and waited to be invited in. She still kept her eyes on the floor as she entered.

"Beatrice, come here and sit down. I'll be with you in a moment." Her dad said, his eye's still fixed on the computer screen. She had never had the father-daughter relationship with her dad, it was always very formal. Her dad treated her the same as the other students outside of school. Except he couldn't hit the other student. Trixie sat in silence, as she waited for her father to tell her what he needed.

"I hear you've been spending time with the new student, Katya Zamolodchikova." Her dad said, confusing Trixie. She didn't see why this would be a problem. It wasn't like she was really hanging out with her, they had only spoken twice. "Um, not really." She said quietly. "I'm not stupid Beatrice, I know you've been around her." The stern tone her dad used had Trixie shrinking into her chair. "I wanted to be sure that you aren't getting any ideas. The last thing I need is a repeat of the Pearl situation. I'm only giving you one warning, Beatrice, stay away from Katya. If I catch you with her there will be consequences." Trixie stared at her hands, waiting to be dismissed. She wasn't chasing after Katya. She knew her place in the school, and that wasn't next to someone like Katya. "Do you understand me?" Mr Mattel said, glaring at his daughter. Trixie nodded. " Do not disrespect me." He warned, raising his voice. "Yes, Sir." Trixie answered quietly. "Good, you may leave." Mr Mattel said, immediately returning to his work. Trixie left the room, closing the door gently behind her. She knew what her father was warning against. He didn't want Trixie to be in a relationship with Katya. He didn't want Trixie to be a lesbian. He had punished her when she came out. It was sort of her way of rebelling, but she had always regretted it. She had never been more afraid of her parents than she was during that conversation. Then she met Pearl who quickly asked her out. Trixie was still afraid but she had been so angry that she dated Pearl to get back at them.

Trixie knew her dad's warning was serious. Especially after what had happened with Pearl. Trixie was constantly afraid of her dad. People blamed her for Pearl being expelled but they didn't know the real story and Trixie knew nobody would listen if she tried to explain. She had to stay away from Katya.