Chapter 25- Asking for Advice

Justin’s P.O.V.

I sighed and shut the door behind the officers, one glance at the clock told me it was a little after midnight when the police left; I sighed then looked at Bella. She sat on the couch with her knees pulled up to her chest and an afghan draped around her shoulders, she had been a wreck ever since she opened that twisted demented box people would’ve called a present. I rubbed the back of my neck in frustration with myself, I felt so bad because I didn’t know how to comfort my new found sister. The only way I knew how to comfort was hug and kiss her then go out and buy her something or something like that, I knew she didn’t want that; and I’m pretty sure she didn’t want me to read her a story like my younger sister Jazzy would’ve wanted me to do.

I walked into the kitchen and looked around, my first instinct to make her feel better was grab a bottle of wine and let her watch her and Alexis’ favorite T.V. show, Teen Wolf. But she’s had way too much of her fair share in the alcohol department, I sighed before digging out my phone, I punched in the memorized number and put the phone to my ear; I peeked in the living room to see Bella hadn’t so much as moved a muscle. “Hello?” The cheerful voice answered.

“Hey, Mom. Uh, I need to ask you something.” I said as a greeting.

Half an Hour Later…

“Alright, thanks Mom.”

“You’re welcome, Sweetie. Now remember, when this important stuff is over I want you to bring that young girl over here. Bring Alexis and Taylor too, I want to meet them.” I laughed.

“Sure thing, Mom. Alright, I gotta go.”

“Alright honey, bye. I love you.”

“Love you too, bye Mom.”

I tapped the end button before punching in another number. “Justin?” I breathed a sigh of relief.

“Hey babe.”

“What are you calling me for? It’s one in the morning!” There was a pause and rustling followed by a loud male grunt and groan. “Oh geez, I’m sorry Taylor.”

“He’s still there?” I asked, she sighed.

“Yeah, said he wasn’t gonna leave until you both came back.” She explained, I heard Taylor grumble something; all I got out of it was Bella’s room. “Okay, don’t mind her dog. She’ll grumble at first but she’s really sweet.” There was a moment’s pause before she spoke again. “See you in the morning, Tay.”

“He okay?” I asked, I felt bad for just ditching my girlfriend and my best friend to go after my girlfriend’s best friend; but hey someone had to do it, and knowing if Taylor had gone after her they most likely would’ve skipped dinner and went straight for fucking.

“Yeah, I accidently kicked him in the ribs but he’s okay. He’s worried about you and Bella, but he’ll be fine. Are you sure you two are okay?” She asked, I blew out a breath then looked into the living room; Bella sat still as a statue, not moving. I had to move closer to see her shoulders moving just to make sure she was breathing.