The Conclave.

Based of - 4x10
Words - 3268
Warnings - death, blood, violence, wounds.
Song - In this shirt (the irrepressibles)

The flag behind you stood your post as did each of the other clans

The flag behind you stood your post as did each of the other clans. Each warrior placed at their own, ready and waiting for the finally horn to sound. And when it came, your feet couldn't move. At least not in the first few seconds. Your body just longed to skipped this part, skip all the killing and all the blood, and instead jump to the part where everyone is safe. That was if yours and Octavia's plan worked in the end.

When you finally moved, you started at a slow jog, referring to your surroundings for any other warriors that stood close to you. At first, there was nothing. But then you turned, reaching into a more open area of Polis, close to the stage. Two warriors stood fight another, blades clinking to one another. Though, neither one had yet to notice you eyes. You used such to your advantage as you hid behind one of the pillows and watched from afar.

Since you no longer had to worry about being seen, you were able to work out each clan the warriors belonged to - Sankru and - what looked like - Podakru. The two kept going at one another before the Sankru warrior left their grip and their weapon went flying. Once that happened, the other warrior pushed their sword right through his stomach. And just like that, one of the first clans fell.

The Podakru warrior took the sigil from the dead man's neck with a smirk, unaware of you lingering behind them. When he started walking again, not hearing your soft footsteps behind him, he placed the sigil around his own neck. That was when you made your move. Sword around his throat, swiftly, leaving no time for the stupid smirk on his face to even leave his lips. Just like the Sankru warrior had done, he fell, the two sigils with him. Unlike him, you didn't war a smirk on your lips. Instead, they were lightly painted in the man's blood along with your mattered war paint.

Leaving the body, you set out to find Octavia. It would be much easier to kill the rest of them together. People like Roan weren't going to go down as easier as the others. You'd need Octavia's help for that. Wherever she was situated right now.

You never got close. One other turn and you were met with another two warriors. Though, one had just fallen and above her, Roan stood, sword dripping with her warm blood. This wasn't the right time to go after Roan, you thought. You had no idea where Octavia nor whatever she might be in trouble. One thought still wondered over where Luna was and whether she had gotten to Octavia before you had. And if she did, you would never stop blaming yourself.

So, before Roan had the chance to notice you, your feet jumped, scurrying along the blooded streets to find the other warrior. That was until your shoe pulled at a stop. "Not so fast!" Roan mocked, turning with his sword in hand.

Your fist clenched for moment before you finally went to face the King. "What do you want Roan? We both know who the better side is in this fight." You challenged. Truthly, you were lying right through your teeth. Roan was strong. Probably strong enough to kill you. But then again, so were you.