Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Shailene's POV

FINALLY!!!! LAND!!

Okaaay. I was on land the whole time but after that 50 minute walk, in the rain I might add, I kinda felt like it was needed.

My umbrella doesn't help me much. It has so many holes it's as if I didn't even have an umbrella.

As I walk through the school, I get the usual insults. Which consists of fatty, ugly, nerd, and some other choice words. Someone even shouted "look at the beached whale!" the hall erupted with laughter.

I'm used to this so I just brush it off and continue down the hallway to my locker.

I reach my locker and take all my books and things out then stuff them in my bag.

As I close my locker, my arm bumps into something which sends tingles and sparks throughout my body. My wolf who had been silent my whole life, jumped to life screaming 'mate'.

"Mate" I whispered.

I was excited. Finally there will be someone actually to love me. My excitement quickly disappears as I realize who it is. Future Alpha Luke Kentwood. He's just like everyone else. Treats me like I'm dirt. As if I don't matter, as if I don't have feelings. Fuck no!

By the look on his face I don't think he's happy with the idea either.

"Mate? You are not my mate!" he shouted. "I'm Future Alpha to the largest and strongest pack in North America and I would never get stuck with you as a mate." He said this with an evil smirk, but something in his eyes said he didn't really believe what he was saying. Perhaps he didn't really mean to say that. Then he starts laughing along with the whole school. Or maybe I was wrong.

My heart hurts. My wolf is howling in pain. My cheeks are probably red by now.

Wait a minute! I'm leaving tomorrow and the pack kids are going to a party. I'm not allowed to go nor was I invited. So I figure...I can handle another beating for saying this.

"I am your mate, but you don't have to worry. I wouldn't want you even if you wanted me. So I, Shailene Octavia Hollington, reject you, Luke Allen Kentwood!"

And with that said I turned and walked down the hall passed all the stunned faces and into the office.

"How can I help you?" the secretary said with a polite smile.

"I graduated early. My names Shailene Hollington." I said with a smile.

I got the opportunity to graduate early two months ago. They don't call me a nerd for nothing. I had to take exams and many tests. And i still had to do the other kids homework. It's a good thing I have a photographic memory or I probably would have been stuck here for another two years. I'm a sophomore this year. I skipped ninth grade.

"Okay, here is your diploma and all your other papers. Congratulations. You are officially a high school graduate." she said with a huge smile. "Your parents must be so proud of you." ha yeah right. They don't know I graduated and I doubt they'd be happy. But I can't tell her that. "Just bring your books back here and you can go home."

"Thank you. And yes my parents are very proud. I have my books right here." I say handing them over. I pick up my papers, say goodbye and walk out the front doors for the last time. Hopefully!

As I walk outside, I can't help but feel happy. Well except for little but of sadness and pain from my mate basically rejecting me. I need to stop thinking about it.

I start walking out of the parking lot and begin the journey "home". It's not really home to me but I'm not sure what else to call it. Hell hole maybe? It fits.