it's

10 | ten

The cafeteria was quiet when Stacey entered but there was a big enough crowd to get the news to spread fast. Stacey walked through the open door and looked around quickly, spotting Axel at his usual table in the middle of the large room.

Stacey slapped a self-deprecating smirk onto her face although she knew that she was only doing this because it was expected of her.

And if she didn't do what was expected then she might as well have not been there in the first place.

Everyone watched as she walked over to the centre table that was filled with members of the football team and other popular guys. Popular guys who Stacey had one night stands with, those including the ones that taunted her into this way of life not too long ago.

But then there was the one in the middle, right across from her as she came to a stop at the table.

Axel.

The boy that didn't give a damn. The boy that didn't care. He was the cruellest person Stacey had ever met and it was a shame that it had taken her so long to see that. It was a shame she found that out while she was stuck in love with him.

The table quietened along with the rest of the cafeteria but not too much to make it awkward. Axel had looked up and his eyes were on Stacey as she walked around the table, her finger trailing over the backs of the rest of the boys who smiled suggestively at her.

Stacey felt cheap.

She stopped in front of Axel's seat and he kept his gaze on her. She felt the urge to have her smirk waver and falter under his scrutiny but she kept it up, kept it strong.

Stacey glanced behind her at the cafeteria doors where two members of the cheerleading team poked their heads into the room and gave her a thumbs up. She smiled coyly and hoisted herself onto Axel's lap so she was straddling him.

Wolf whistles rang out from around the room and everyone began to murmur around them, creating one loud buzz.

Stacey felt weak.

She ran a finger down his chest, her eyes on his. There was no reaction within him so Stacey leaned forward and sealed her lips against his. That finally made him react and Axel grabbed her shoulders but Stacey surged forward and pushed her body closer to his.

Axel was about to push her away but she clung tighter, pretending that he was as into it as she was.

Maybe she'd been doing that all along.

The whole table filled with his friends cheered on.

Axel finally managed to wrench Stacey from him, his lips smeared lightly with red lipstick and Stacey gently wiped the corners of her mouth off with her fingers. Axel looked over her shoulder and Stacey looked back and saw Scarlett standing at the entrance to the cafeteria, shock on her face.

Scarlett ran out of the room quickly after and Stacey gave the back of her head a cruel smirk.

Stacey felt lost.

She turned to look back at Axel but already saw his eyes on her, his face a mask of the unknown and he leaned forward slightly, just a breath away. And as disgusted as she should have been with him, her heart fluttered as he came closer.

"You're pathetic," Axel said. "Completely pathetic."

He shoved Stacey off his lap and she fell down to the ground as Axel stood up.

People began to laugh as Axel looked down at her before turning and walking away. Stacey's cheeks were no longer red from a blush but red from the sudden embarrassment that enveloped her.

She slowly picked herself up off the floor, her short skirt only just reaching past her butt and hiked her shirt up at the front where it fell down too far and revealed a glimpse of her bra. She looked around and blinked rapidly as everyone laughed and looked at her with amusement.

Stacey quickly walked out of the cafeteria, her embarrassment showing as every single person laughed. And then Stacey felt something she hadn't truly felt before. She had come close but she had never felt it this strong.

And now Stacey felt it like having an epiphany and that only made her eyes well up with tears as she shoved her way through the hallways.

Stacey felt like a slut.

for more follow tahliepurvisauthor on instagram