chapter 7

Chapter 7

                "Thank you for your cooperation.  You're all dismissed."  I quickly began my walk to the communications room and noticed Ironhide run up beside me.

                "Are you alright?  You don't seem yourself.  You haven't ever since Ratchet asked you to stay, and  I feel your worry in my spark."

                "I- I'm fine," I muttered.  "Nothing you should worry yourself with."

                He put his hand on my shoulder and stopped me.  "What you just said proves there is something wrong.  Tell me."

                I sighed.  "Fine.  I don't want to leave the Autobots on Earth without a medic when the rescue team arrives.  They could be dead by the time they get here."

                "Why don't you just bring them back to life?"

                "It's not that simple!  Do you know how frustrating it is to get pulled out of the well?  You finally think you have peace and quiet.  Then BAM!  You get it taken away from you!  The only reason I did it on Earth when I first arrived was to  help out Optimus!  We were going through a bad time and in the middle of a war!  Besides, you should know that feeling I'm talking about!  I pulled YOU out of the well!  You can't tell me you don't miss it!"

                "I'm sorry... I know what you're talking about, but... I don't miss it.  Not anymore.  Ever since we got together, my life has changed.  I'm glad you pulled me out.  You've softened me, as much as I hate to admit it.  I'm sorry for making you angry."

                I sighed and smiled a little.  "You were always a softie.  You just don't want to admit that.  Everything's fine.  Let's just go get this message out to the Autobots."

                He nodded and we began walking again, slower this time so that we could enjoy the time we had together.  The entire way, we sent love back and forth through the bond.

                When we finally arrived, I walked over to the control panel and saw the familiar layout of buttons I was used to at the consol on Earth.  I pressed a few buttons and a screen came up.

                Long distance communication link to all Autobots.  Press button to record your message.

                I pressed the button.  "Attention all Autobots.  You may find this difficult to believe, but Cybertron has been restored.  Life giving energon flows through it once more.  You are all welcome to come back to our home planet.  Medical attention will be given to all who need it.  My team of Autobots and I are stationed in Iacon and would appreciate anyone's help in rebuilding it and all other Autobot cities.  I am also glad to be able to inform you that all Decepticons were exterminated on Earth, a planet far away from here.  Their dangerous presence will no longer be an issue.  My name is Static Prime, and I send this message to every Autobot taking refuge among the stars.  We await your arrival." 

                I lifted my finger from the button and sent it.  Needless to say, there was about to be a huge population increase. They would begin arriving any minute.  I needed to inform the triplets and twins of their mission.

                -Triplets and less annoying twins, you will be going on a mission tomorrow at sunrise with Jazz.  You are going to go bring back the Autobots on Earth.-Static Prime

                I had forgotten that I was using the public comm.

                -Thank ya for the compliment on me and ma brotha!  We won't let ya down!-Skids

                -I was referring to Sideswipe and Sunstreaker.- Static Prime

                -HA!  In your faces!-Sideswipe

                -What!?  Not cool, man!-Mudflap

                I walked outside as they talked.

                -Someone's jealous that Prime doesn't like them better.-Sunstreaker

                I saw a ship heading towards just outside the gates of Iacon.  It was small, a personal ship.

                -Guys, can it.  We've got our first arrival.-Static Prime

                The public comm quickly went silent as I ran towards the gate.  Jazz, Sideswipe, and Sunstreaker quickly started running next to me.  The ship landed just as we got there. 

                The door opened and the silhouette of a mech appeared in the doorway, once the smoke cleared, we could see who it was.  The mech was clearly intelligent, not immature in the slightest.  You could tell by the way he carried himself.  He was black, white, and red.

                Jazz's optics brightened with recognition after a moment, and he smiled widely.  "Prowl!"