22| Family Dinner

"You can start by telling me everything after you left the club."

Sara insisted on riding with me to mom's house, making Alex and Luca go together a bit later. I haven't properly seen her or really talked to her since we went clubbing together on Friday. Today is Sunday and Saturday was spent with Luca.

"I think you know what happened." I look in my side mirror and then switch lanes.

"Yeah, but I would still like to know. And what did you do yesterday. Did you spend the whole day fucking?" I laugh and shake my head. I tell her what we did Friday night, with less details than she would have wanted, and about yesterday.

"Aww that's so cute. Did you guys make out on top of the Ferris wheel?" I nod. "That's a really great date idea actually. I've never gone there with Alex. I need to start dropping hints."

"He said that yesterday was our second date."

I can see her in my peripheral sight shifting so that she is facing me completely. I don't look at her, I think I know what she's about to say.

"So are you guys like dating?" Here it is.

"No. He was just joking." She scoffs.

"Maybe he said it as a joke but he meant it." I bite my lip and contemplate if I should tell her about the girlfriend comment.

"He even said he should start calling me his girlfriend." I say in one breath.

"What?"

"I made him coffee and was wearing his shirt so he said 'I should start calling you my girlfriend since you are wearing my clothes and know how I take my coffee.'" I deepen my voice to imitate him.

When I look at her, I see a big grin on her lips. I roll my eyes and look back at the street.

"Well, you make a great and sexy couple. So I approve." I take the exit that leads to my childhood home.

After I park my car and greet my mom, we start helping her set the table. Another thirty minutes go by when Benny, Jace and Brian come through the door.

"Boys." My mom goes and gives everyone a kiss and a motherly hug. I go to give Ben a hug and when I pull away he messes my hair.

"I didn't see you Friday night."

"I went to club Lusso with my classmates." That isn't really a lie but also not the whole truth. I did much more than just going to the club.

I give Brian a quick hug and slap his chest when his hands start going lower toward my butt. He smiles innocently at me and I roll my eyes. Behind him is Jace, and I feel a pang of guilt in my chest. I've been ignoring my phone for the last two days and I saw he sent me a couple of messages this morning when mom called.

"Hey stranger." He hugs me.

"Hey you."

"You finally finished with your designs?" He asks when we pull away. I nod and he smirks. I have to talk to him, but later.

The bell rings and I take the opportunity to walk away and open the door. Alex kisses me on the cheek and gives me a hug. He messes the hair on top of my head when he walks past me. I slap his back and I hear his laughter when he walks further into the house.

My eyes take in Luca's appearance. His khaki shorts and black short sleeved dress shirt tucked into it. Only the top button is undone this time.

He walks forward and wraps his arms around me. I melt at the now familiar warmth that radiates from him.