39| The Start

December is my favourite month of the year.

I was born during this month. There's Christmas and New Year's. And we get to have a two-week vacation from school. Also, the weather is amazing in Miami during this month, it's not as hot and humid as in the summer and it rarely rains. Plus the tourist numbers are lower in the winter, so it's not crowdy when we go out to eat or to party. Plus, the beaches get significantly less crowded.

As I'm going through my box filled with earring, my eyes catch the new ring on my finger.

Luca's promise ring that he gave me is the best gift I can ever think of. I remember how after he put it on my finger; we went back to the campus parking lot. He wouldn't tell me where we were going, but I knew as soon as we reached the hotel. It's the same one that he took me to now over two months ago.

Sara had helped him pack my bag and since my birthday was on Friday, we got to spend the weekend in one of the penthouses that the hotel has. Apparently, Luca had come here a week prior to make sure the room was ready for us. There was food stacked and a mattress on the floor with bedding and everything.

When we arrived there, he spent a long time caressing and loving on my body. We would switch between soft and hard sex.

It was perfect.

Today, December fifteenth, is Luca's cousin's birthday. The club owner, also known as man-bun.

He makes it into an early Christmas party every year, according to Luca. And since my birthday was two weeks before, he told me they are going to celebrate me as well.

A knock sounds at my foot and Sara comes in and leans on the doorframe.

"You look like a lovesick puppy." She smiles.

"He's so perfect." I groan. How can someone literally be perfect?

I walk to my bed and sit on it, tying the strings of my boots. Sara steps further into my room.

She looks off.

"Hey, everything okay?"

"Yeah," She nods and smiles. Pretending that everything is fine.

"So, are you spending Christmas this year with the in-laws?" She asks with a hint of amusement to her voice. I laugh and stand up to check my purse, see if I have everything I need in it.

"I don't know, actually. Maybe Christmas Eve?" I shrug. I still have to coordinate that with Luca. He said his family goes big on Christmas.

"Alex is flying to Detroit to his family." She says and I nod.

"Does that mean you'll spend it with your parents?"

She lets out a breath. "No. They apparently booked a little getaway for the entire Christmas break." I frown. What the hell!

It's not the first time this has happened, but it still angers me every time.

"Then you'll come with me to my mom's." Or Luca's. Either way she's not spending it alone.

She immediately shakes her head. "No, it's okay. I don't want to impose."

I scoff. "Impose? Are you kidding me? You're my sister. You know you're more than welcome."

Sara has been the sister I never had. She's been my best friend since high school and has spent more holidays with us than I can remember.

Her parents are not really the typical loving parents one would expect.

My mom basically forced her to come to our house one time, when she knew she was home alone. It was the fourth of July and her parents had a conference or something like that. We had a little party going on and ever since, she's been a part of my family. She's like a second daughter to my mom.