Chapter 60

Halfway through Theresa's movie, there was a ding dong! Theresa made her way to the door of her mansion. She flung it open and four police officers walked in.

"Good afternoon! Are you Theresa Logan?"

"Yes, I am!" she replied. Alex walked up to her. He nodded his head in acknowledgement. "What's wrong?" she directed her question to him.

"We have found Don Smith!" One of the officers replied.

"Theresa, who is at the door?" Thelma's voice rang.

"Hmm..."

Thelma strolled towards them. She froze when she saw Alex and her heart thrummed.

"So,...um...Where is Don? Is he in the hospital?" Theresa quizzed.

"He is..."

Alex cut the police officer short curtly, "I'll handle this!"

The officer nodded with a wan expression.

"Alex, what's wrong?" Theresa narrowed her eyes at him.

"Don Smith is...is...um" he took a deep breathe. "He's dead".

Theresa laughed and smiled, "You're joking, right?"

"I am sorry but he is right! Don Smith is dead!" the police officer confirmed.

"That can't be possible!" Theresa snapped. "Are you sure that it's Don Smith?"

"Yes!" Alex replied.

"I must see his body before I believe that rubbish you guys are saying. I want to see him with my eyes!"

"Um..." Alex looked at the police officer. He nodded at him. Alex's gaze went to Theresa. "Okay! You can come with us!"

"Give me three minutes to get dressed!" Theresa gestured at her pink short and white tank top. "Just three minutes!"

"Are you coming?" Alex asked Thelma.

"No way! NO! I don't want to see any dead body! No way!" Thelma waved her hands in the air and grimaced.

Theresa and Alex got into the police officer's car and they were off.

They got to the police station and when Theresa saw Don's body, she froze. He was shot at the chest close to his heart. Dried blood filled his body and painted his shirt. His eyes were shut and his hair was messy with dried leaves sticking out of it.

"Don!" Theresa whispered. She blinked her eyes and it became watery.

"Theresa," Alex placed his hand on her shoulder.

"I'm fine! I'm just sad because we are friends. I mean, losing a friend? That sucks and...hurts!" she stared at Don. "Let's go! I guess you were right! He is actually dead!"

They left the police station and walked down the pavement. Theresa was silent and this made Alex worried.

"What?" she snapped and rolled her eyes.

"You were Don's friend?"

"Yeah!"

"And you are not crying?"

"I have my room, mister! I can cry there! Leave me alone!" she snorted. "Beside did they catch the culprit? I hope those gangsters are in prison?"

"Yes! They caught them!"

"Really?"

"They shot you! You almost died! There is no way I will let them get away with that! Never!" Alex yelled and furrowed his brows.