Chapter 18

"Mehn, I don't understand that guy. He is rude, authoritative, annoying... " a brunette girl who was older than Thelma stated. Yeah, it was an office gossip that was going on.

A young guy butted in, "He is so unpredictable and never smiles. Like come on! Is he some kind of robot? "

"How do you survive as his P.a?" A blonde middle-aged woman asked, scrunching her nose to show her disapproval.

Thelma shook her head and smiled, "Like I said earlier, he is not that bad if you get to know him. He is really nice. I am not even suffering as his assistant.... though he can be hot-tempered". Thelma's cheeks flushed as they all stared at her in awe.

"You mean, he is nice to you?" the brunette girl gasped.

"Yes! Sometimes...Mostly when he is in a good mood"

"He respects you?" The young man exclaimed and craned his neck, his eyes scanning her in disbelief.

"Like he doesn't threaten to fire you, destroy your life or... " she shrugged. "Things like that!"

"No!"

"Whoa!" the man replied whose name was Evans.

"He doesn't act nice to anybody except you are an important investor. What's up? Tell me! I need details" Cherry, the brunette girl shrieked and entangled her arm in mine.

"What?" Thelma responded with wide eyes.

"Are you dating?"

"No! Geez! He is my boss"

"You can't pretend that you haven't fallen for him after being by his side for weeks. He is devilishly handsome. Admit it!" She placed her hand on the desk in front of her and stared into Thelma's eyes suspiciously.

Thelma was sent to get some files from the middle-aged woman, Mrs Gracie which led to her meeting Cherry, a gorgeous woman whose mouth ran faster than any athletic in the world.

Any information she got she would go spreading it like a wild fire. Thelma was trying not to make such mistake. Cherry was the company's gossip.

"If Mr. Roger is nice to you, that means he sees something special in you. I won't blame him. You are an angel" Mrs Gracie pinched her cheeks playfully and Thelma pouted.

"Yeah, she is right though" Evans added.

"That's means I have to be watchful. Just in case something romantic happens, I won't miss it" Cherry chuckled and rubbed her palm with a mischievous smile on her face.

"No wonder Josh broke up with you. I won't blame him," Evans teased. However, Cherry took it seriously because her expression changed.

"I will be going now. It was nice talking to you all," Mrs Gracie greeted and bid goodbye.

Thelma was about leaving when she discovered that Evans wasn't coming.

She turned to see him smirking at Cherry who was glaring at him, her hands clenched at her side.

"I see someone is really angry," he snickered and nudged her with his elbow.

"Evans, I'm going. Mr. Roger will be waiting for me. I need to get the files to him," Thelma announced.

"Oh! No problem. I'm also leaving," he replied and waved goodbye to Cherry which she ignored.

Thelma couldn't believe the great love expert, Cherry couldn't tell that Evans liked her. It was obvious he does. He would come around her office in pretence to listen to their gossip but the fact remained that his interest was on  Cherry alone.