Coup d'état

Next Day...

Athena frowned when she didn't find Anastacius in the room. Ever since she woke up, she has had a pending headache. As if it was telling her something bad would happen. But, surely it was her imagination. Right? Her headache had only gotten worse the longer she was away from him. She didn't know why until she noticed a small envelope on their bed. She gulped nervously and took the envelope in her hand. 

"Athena? Are you okay?" Alexander asked behind her. He had come in to inform her about the Emepror's whereabouts when he had noticed her holding her head as if she was in pain.

Athena nodded and opened the envelope. Her hands trembled as she read the letter and tears left her eyes.

My beloved Rose,

By the time you read this, I'm already gone and Claude has usurped the throne. Forgive me for I know that you will feel the pain of our bond because of my absence. I never meant for you to get hurt.

Please take care of yourself and know that I will return and claim back what has always been mine since birth.

Please watch over Artemis and Apollo

love you always and forever,

𝒜𝔫𝔞𝔰𝔱𝔞𝔠𝔦𝔲𝔰 𝔇𝔢 𝒜𝔩𝔤𝔢𝔯 𝒪𝔟𝔢𝔩𝔦𝔞

She coughed and held her heart in pain. Blood trickled down her mouth. "What?"

"Athena?" Alexander's eyes widened in horror. "Athena?!" He quickly caught her falling figure.

Athena's winced and looked up at Alexander with pained eyes. "Protect Artemis and Apollo, Alex."

Alexander nodded. "I swear on my life, I'll protect them." 

Athena's vision went black and fainted. Alexander tightened his hold on her limp body. "Athena? Athena?!" He patted her cheeks but she didn't move a muscle which worried him. He bridle carried her to her room and laid her down gently on the bed. The first thing he did was find Athena's personal magician. Lumiere. A magician that Lucas had introduced to her while grumbling how he was better than Lumiere but still he accepted his talent in magic reluctantly.  

The silver head magician frowned as he checked her state with his magic.

Alexander looked at the frowning magician anxiously. "So? Can you help her? What's wrong with her?" 

Lumiere rubbed his temples and scowled. "It seems that the princess is in coma because her connection with one of her soulmates has been forcefully cut and betrayed by her other soulmate."

Alexander knew what he meant by 'forcefully cut'. "What can we do then?"

Lumiere sighed. "The only thing we can do is wait for her to recover from the shock her mind and body took from the soulmate bond and betrayal. Unless..."

Alexander narrowed his eyes. "Unless what?"

Lumiere glanced at him with a hesitant look and sighed. "Unless we somehow manage to find at least one of her other soulmates. She currently has two. One is well dead in a way the other betrayed and killed her soulmate. So yes we have to find her other soulmates if we want her to wake up."

Alexander furrowed his brows. "How do we find them?"

Lumiere hummed. "Well, the easiest way would be sending a message to them through magic. I will notify them of her condition through dreams. Hopefully, they are smart and clever enough to find out we need their help."

Alexander sighed and clicked his tongue. "Everything has went to shit!" He grumbled. "First that bastard killed the future Emperor and partner of Athena then she goes to a coma for who knows how long. And now we have to find her soulmates for her to wake up safely. Damn it!" the sound of babies crying made them look towards the children. Alexander looked at the crying babies and calmed them down. "Sh sh sh. It's okay. I'll protect you from the evil guy." 

Lumiere covered them with a protection spell and went back to Athena again. "I'll start the spell tonight during the full moon."

***

At Night...

Lumiere looked up at the full moon then nodded at Alexander. Alexander placed his hand on his sword, ready to attack should anyone interrupt the spell. 

Lumiere started chanting. Bright light covered around them as he continued chanting the spell. 

Elsewhere - Inka Empire

The doors to the throne room slammed open, revealing a tall young man with golden blonde hair and crimson eyes like blood. The blonde prince and his mother looked at the intruder and shivered slightly when they saw the infamous crown prince of Inka walking towards them with a wicked smirk while dragging a body of an assassin by the collar. The nobles gasped as they saw the Crown Prince Calisto walking towards the Empress and her son with a wicked smirk.

The Crown Prince chuckled. "Hoh? Isn't this wonderful?" He smirked mockingly.

Everyone inched backwards while trembling under those deadly crimson eyes and commanding and fierce aura. The Crown Prince tossed the assassin at his younger brother's feet. "Congratulations on your birthday, little brother."

The royal family and the nobles gasped in shock at his actions.

The younger prince narrowed his eyes at the smirking Crown Prince. "What is the meaning of this, brother?!"

Callisto's smirk widened. "The messenger didn't want to tell me when the party was. Well, he was a bit inexperienced. He dared to refuse to give me my invitation, so I had to teach him a thing or two." Callisto shrugged. "I suggest using a better messenger next time."

The Prince gritted his teeth.

Callisto smiled darkly at his younger brother. "If you want another gift like this, you're more than welcome to send them to me at any time." He frowned slightly when he heard a voice in his head.

"She needs your help...your soulmate....Princess Athena....coma....need...help.....soulmate.........Calisto Regulus.....Obelia Empire"

Interesting. Calisto mused and chuckled darkly. He will see who this Princess Athena is and if she is not to his standards then he has no problem of killing her for wasting his time. Obelia, huh....What's another Empire to add to his list after all it won't be his first time.

Calisto hummed before turning around and heading towards the exit. "Well it seems I'm needed elsewhere." He smirked back at the Empress and her son. "Enjoy your party, little brother."