Malfoy Mansion and Mysteries

Sorry for not writing yesterday you guys, I was knee-deep in work. So here's a long chapter to make up for it:))

Draco's POV

I was trembling at the table. "You understand what you must do?" Voldemort asked in his high pitched hiss. I nodded. "You know why we need the girl?" I nodded again. "Good, good. You may leave." I slowly left the table and went up to my room. With shaking hands I grabbed a quill and started writing. "Y/N..."

Y/N's POV

"Y/N

I hope your summer is going well so far. I'm glad about your father's promotion in the Ministry. I have heard he is now in charge of the Hall of Prophecies. To celebrate, our family invites yours to our manor for the rest of summer. We will hold a gala in his honor towards the end. I hope you can make it.

D.M"

I smiled looking at the letter. It even smelled like him. I hopped downstairs to show my parents. My mother was ecstatic and immediately started planning things. My dad was a little more skeptic. "It doesn't seem much like Lucius to do this. Are you sure it's sent from them?" He questioned. "Yesss father. It smells like Draco. Ahem, I meant Draco's home. I know it's from him, can we pleaseee go." I begged. He sighed, then nodded. I hugged him in excitement. I couldn't wait.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We arrived at their manor the next week. We had plenty of luggage since we were going to stay there for 3 weeks. I entered through the huge iron gates. I could see majestic white peacocks around me. I walked up to the front and saw Draco standing with his family. I shook his mother's hand first. "Hello darling, you look lovely." She smiled warmly. "As do you, Mrs. Malfoy." I smiled back. "Pleasure." Mr. Malfoy said as he shook my hand. "No sir, it's mine." I replied. As our parents met, I walked up to Draco. "I'm so glad you could make it." He said taking my hand and giving it a small kiss. I blushed. "I wouldn't have missed it for the world." I smiled back.

He led me inside. "Draco, show her to her room." He nodded. He put a hand on the small of my back and led me upstairs. His touch gave me butterflies. We walked up and went through one of the many hallways. He led me to a huge bedroom. The tone was dark but comfortable. A large circular bed adorned the middle of the room. I went up and felt a pillow, it was soft as silk. "Wow." I breathed. I plopped on the bed and laid back. "So eager to get into my bed?" Draco smirked. I sat up blushing and looking confused. "Yours is..." He put his hand on a door knob which I had previously thought was to the bathroom. He opened the door and inside was another bedroom.

A bedroom inside a bedroom.

My bedroom also had a king-sized bed, but the room was smaller than Draco's. This room was also mostly black. But it was comforting. "This is still incredible." I said plopping on the right bed this time. Draco towered over me smiling to himself. "What?" I asked. He looked away trying to contain his smile. "Nothing."He said. I sat up. I was gonna say something when there was a knock on the door. Mrs. Malfoy's voice rang out. "Dinner's ready." She said. I eyed Draco but then walked past him and out the door.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The days passed quicker than I wanted them to in the Malfoy manor. For the days that I had been here, Draco had showed me many things around his house. They had an indoor pool that we'd been in a couple times. We had races and splashed around. I even showed him how to play mermaids, muggle game, which he did not want to play at all.

There was also a grand piano in his house. He would play it sometimes in the afternoons. I would sit by him and rest my head on his shoulder as he would play. I'd close my eyes and let his soft fragrance and the beautiful music take me away.

It was the day before the gala. I hadn't really brought anything to wear, so Mrs. Malfoy promised me to go shopping. I came downstairs ready to go to this muggle store Narcissa had been talking about. She was whispering something to Mr. Malfoy. "He's coming right now?!" She exclaimed. "Yes, and she needs to leave-" Mr. Malfoy said, but I coughed, allowing them to know I was there. I didn't want to eavesdrop. "Are you ready, Mrs. Malfoy?" Her eyes widened. "Oh I'm so sorry dear but something urgent has come up. Draco will take you instead if that's fine." She said. I smiled, "No worries."

I waited in the living room for Draco. He came urgently and grabbed my hand. "We need to go." He said, leading me to the chauffeur with the car. We got inside and drove away. Draco looked worried as he looked outside his the window. I gently touched his arm. "You good?" I asked. He nodded and smiled back, "Yeah." Liar.

We arrived at the shop and went inside. I started looking around for dresses. "What color do you think I should get, Draco?" I asked mindlessly looking through the gowns. He shrugged, "Your choice is as good as mine." He then went and sat by the dressing rooms. I sighed. He was no help, Mrs. Malfoy should've come.

I looked through some more and noticed some people come in. Levin and some girl. I looked away immediately hoping they wouldn't look my way. I was wrong. Levin came up to me. "We need to talk." He sternly said. I tried to walk away but he grabbed my hand. His eyes were desperate. I sighed and crossed my arms.
"Fine you have 3 minutes of my time." He took a breath in. "What happened at the Yule Ball wasn't my fault. It was Malfoy. He mixed love potion in my drink and the girl you saw me with." He looked to my face waiting for me reaction. I was visibly shocked. "Why would be do that?" I asked. Levin scowled, "Probably needed an excuse to dance with you." "Why couldn't he just ask? Why did he have to hurt me like that? Doesn't he know how awful that feels to be dumped by your date?" I was talking more to myself at this point. I hugged Levin. "Oh I'm so so sorry, Levin. Please forgive me, I should've listened to you." I said. He hugged back, "Hey it's ok, I probably would've done the same thing." We broke apart. "So what brings you here?" I asked. "Oh there's a gala at the Malfoy Manor in a couple days so I'm here to buy a dress for my sister." He said. "Oh, I'll be there too...do you wanna be my date to the gala?" I asked. He looked confused. "Oh cmon I owe it to you." I explained. He smiled and nodded. Then his sister pulled him away and he waved goodbye.

I went back at looking at dresses and my eyes found the one. (Next chapter i'll post what it looks like)

I bought it and we left. Draco tried to make conversation in the car but I mostly ignored him. I was mad at him and it was time for him to learn his lesson.