Chapter 58

It was about a week later. Dean and I were on our way to a doctor's appointment.

"So....you have a match with Seth." I said, trying to create some sort of small talk.

"I'm gonna beat his ass in that cell."

"Yeah, it's kinda messed up he turned his back on you, and....."

"Charlie, I think we both know why I'm gonna beat his ass." He said.

I turned my attention back to the road and so did Dean.

"Do we need to talk about something?" I asked.

"I tried to talk. You didn't listen. It's done."

"Dean....."

"I said it's done, Charlie."

"Dean, you don't have to be like that."

"You're the one who said it was over between us. I just agreed."

"But why did you agree? You didn't even fight for me."

"I fought for you the entire fucking time." He said. "You weren't having it."

"So you gave up?"

He paused for a moment and then pulled into the doctor's office. He got down without saying a word and I followed behind.

We found that the baby was healthy as usual and then left. The ride home was silent.

"Come over for a little while." I said as we stepped off the elevator onto our floor. He looked at me with a surprised face. "AJ's not home and we'll have the place to ourselves. We can talk."

He paused, trying to wrap his mind around it, then eventually gave in and followed me to my room.

Once we were there, I took off my jacket and sat beside him on the couch.

I sighed. "I know this is bothering you."

He huffed. "No Charlie. I'm perfectly fine. The girl I love doesn't want me. I get rejection okay."

"I wasn't rejecting you." I said. "I just can't be with you."

"We used to be together."

"Yeah, and maybe we still would be if half the stuff that happened wouldn't have."

"Well it did!"

"Exactly, and you can't blame the entire thing on me and Seth."

"So what? This becomes my fault now?"

"You've always had a part in it, Dean. Whether you like it or not."

"You just can't decide who the fuck you want."

I stood up, "WHEN THERE ARE THREE DAMN CHOICES, ITS KINDA HARD!" I yelled. I instantly gave my self a face palm in my mind.

"Three?"

"Two.....I meant to say two."

"Then why'd you say three?"

"I didn't."

"Yes you did."

"Do you want some coffee?"

"Charlie!"

"Dean!"

He gave me a look that told me he wasn't amused.

I sighed, realizing that I'd have to give up sooner or later. "It's......" I took a deep breath and tried to collect my thoughts. I slowly sat down next to Dean. "It's Roman."