Chapter 3

"Father!!" 

Winter burst through the door of Jacques office and marched over to the man. Jacques was startled when Winter came in unannounced and scowled at her for her insolence. She slammed her hands on his desk, further startling Jacques as he flinched away from her.

"You twisted, heartless hack!" She shouted.

"HOW DARE YOU-!?"

He didn't get to finished as Winter smacked the man across his face.

"NO, HOW DARE YOU!!?" Winter cut him off. "Poisoning the mind of an eight-year old girl, your own daughter, with your words as vile as Basilisk venom and manipulating her into killing a child her age!!"

"That was her mistake!!" Jacques shouted back, standing up straight and walking around his desk. "All I did was explain to her that life was not fair and instead of whining, she'd have to earn it herself!"

"And I'm expected to commend you for your great effort!? You really are twisted!"

"I will not be disrespected in my own house!!"

"IT WAS MOTHER'S UNTIL YOU RUINED EVERYTHING!!"

Jacques raised a hand and swiftly swung it right for Winter, but the Atlesian Academic caught his arm, twirled around him and held it behind his back as she pinned him to the ground.

"UNHAND ME THIS INSTANT!!" He demanded fiercely. "I will have your life ruined for this!"

"You ruined my life since the day I was born! Now you listen carefully, 'Father'!" Winter spat out venomously. "If you ever fill Weiss' head with such hideous ideals, I will have you arrested for assisted murder of Zai Schnee!"

Jacques actually chuckled at that, which infuriated Winter.

"She's not a Schnee anymore." He said. "She and your mother have dropped the very name."

Winter was beyond furious and so knocked her father out by bashing his head against the desk. As much as he wanted to kill the bastard here and now, it would only prove that she was no better than him. She would not allow her father's sins be hers. She walked out of the man's office as some of the guards he secretly called arrived. They didn't take full notice of Winter and that was when she thought how cheap the bastard was with security.

But that was a thought for later; she needed to find her little sister.

Years later

Willow sat behind her desk as she went over her schedule on her desk laptop. She wanted to try and make time to spend an entire weekend with her two children and wanted to do something special with them. She paused mid-type and frowned. 

Thinking back to how her life was before, she never spent anytime with her own flesh and blood back at her old manor. When she carried a name that was stained in blood and quenched in misery. She left Whitely and Wei-

Willow stopped. 

She knew what she did was cowardly and regretted leaving her son and...daughter...with that man. But, she couldn't bring herself to do anything about it. She just couldn't. The Schnee name, the one she left behind, became a cursed omen to her ears. Weiss was a monster who tried to kill an innocent child who she held so much hate for. Whitely was indifferent, but held enormous contempt for the Faunus and his sister, Zai.

Willow cannot deny that she missed her other children in the manor, but they made their choice. Just like how she made her choice to save Zai. 

Willow often found herself second guessing her previous choices; marrying Jacques was perhaps her biggest regret. Her greatest decision was caring for Zai when she was only a pup. But, was leaving the Schnee Manor and her legacy behind really her greatest choice or her worst?