Capitulo 1

Capitulo 1

Barcelona, Spain

"Mommy, can you get me an ice cream?" The girl asked her mom.

"No, Paulita. It's late, you have to sleep now." The mother refuses. So, her daughter made another plan that surely would not say no to her.

"Uncle, please." Paula pleaded. The man looked at his fiancé.

"Raquel, ice cream won't hurt. I promise I will be responsible for this." he then smiled at the little girl. The girl's eyes shine quickly, hoping that her mom would finally allow her. Raquel sighed. "Fine, Alberto. Make sure she brushes her teeth before she sleeps okay?" Raquel surrendered then gave them both a quick kiss.

Alberto and Paula walked away and left.

Raquel stares at the window of her house. She placed her hand unconsciously to the diamond placed in her finger.

She is getting married in two months.

In no time, she's going to close the door of her past and open the door of her future. Soon she will be leaving the memories she had. The memories she shared with her greatest love.

She then remembers his promise way back.

They are on the couch of his apartment, cuddling. Her back in his chest. hands entwined. He caressed her ring finger, "Raquel, what age would you want to settle down?" He asked out of nowhere. As shocked as she was, she answered. " Honestly? Hmmm, maybe before we both turned 30."

He smiled, "Noted then, I love you." He said then kissed her hair. "I love you too."

Now, it is all memory. She has Alberto now. The charming man who never left her.

---

Madrid, Spain

The sky is dark, the clouds were heavy. Soon the rain will pour. Gladly, Sergio was able to go home just in time.

He removed his shoes then hang his coat and bag at the rack. Quickly, he went on the kitchen. Looked for the easiest food to prepare because of too much tiredness. When he found none, he took a wine that Andres gave. then, started drinking. he fished his phone. He stopped for a while; he took a gaze on his lock screen. It was her, the woman he loved the most. Hugging a life-sized teddy bear. He smiled.

---

"Mi amor. Aren't you going to stop playing that?" He pretended to be complaining. Raquel pouts. "I want that bear so bad, Sergio. It's just that I suck at this game."

They are in an arcade. Raquel chose this place for them to celebrate their 6th year anniversary.

Sergio smiled. "Okay. I will do it. In one condition." he protested. Her eyes gladly widen. "Tell me then," she answered back. He chuckled. "Kiss first." she did not reply she just simply held his nape then kissed him passionately. "Now start, Cariño." Raquel winked.

Sergio folded the sleeves of his shirt then put a coin in the machine. He started shooting; A total score of  2000 was needed to claim the prize. Raquel had 500 already.

He quickly stole a kiss then shoot the ball without looking. "Sergio! Focus on the ball!" He heard her. He laughed and missed a shot.

"You'll never join me in bed again if you miss another one," Raquel warned. He stopped joking then turned serious.

He is in the fifth round, having a score of a thousand and a hundred. The game was easy, Raquel's hand was not that good at shooting only.

The buzzer rang. When Raquel peered, it says game over already, she immediately walked out.

It took a minute before Sergio followed her.

"Amor. Do not be upset please, we can just purchase the same bear. Even better."  Still, Raquel does not look to him.

"Let's break up," Sergio said coldly. Not in a second time she turned. She cried when she looked at him. He is smiling; carrying the bear which she liked earlier.

"Cari." Raquel sobbed. Hugging him tightly. "Shh, stop crying. Now we got your baby." He said caressing her back.

"Thank you so much, Sergio." She let go and grab the bear. "I love you." he mouthed.

"And I love you too."

---

He smiled like a fool, remembering how he got the bears. Seducing and making puppy eyes is not his thing but for Raquel, he could do everything.

He bribed the clerk by giving his phone number. Luckily, the clerk agreed. Idiot.

He jumped unto the bed and lay.

What if he told her the truth?

What could have happened?

For sure they are married and have kids now, not if he screwed up.

Tears silently fell into his eyes, synchronizing the rain from the outside.

he then remembers their rainy cuddles.

---

"Cari. I do not want to get up, let us stay this way. It's so cold, I want to sleep." Raquel insisted while hugging Sergio preventing him to stand up. She buried her face into his chest.

"Hmmm, five minutes." He said. She put her head in the crook of his neck.

"1 hour." She said then placed some kisses.

"10 minutes, That's final." He initiated.

"1 hour and I promise to do whatever you asked and plan. Deal?"

He laughed. "It's settled then. Go ahead and rest, Ill tire you later." She just nodded and hugged him tighter.

---

"Sergio!!!" Raquel screamed. He quickly ran into her direction. "What?"

"Come here. I need to feel your warmth." She said. he chuckles.

"You know I was preparing our dinner, right? I'll just get you my sweater okay?" She pouted.

"Hmmm, can't you just take me in the kitchen with you?" she suggested. after that, she jumped onto Sergio's back which made him lose his balance but gradually stable.

"What can I do more? I'm carrying you already." He jokingly protested while making their way at the kitchen.

That made him sob even more. He misses her so bad. He misses her laughs. Her pouts. How she kisses him when they make love. He misses Raquel so much.

He drunk the remaining wine in the bottle. Then he fell asleep.