Enter Jibanyan

Feeling bad about the day before, Nate had decided to arrange to meet up with Katie at Shopper's Row. He got his shoes on excitedly.

Whisper: So where are you going Nate?

Nate: Agh!

Nate had almost forgotten about Whisper now living with him. His scream got his mother's attention. She shouted from the kitchen.

Lily (Nate's mother): Nate, honey, keep your voice down.

Nate: Sorry.

Whisper: So where are you going?

Nate: Shopper's Row to meet Katie.

Whisper: That's great! Now I get to meet your friend.

Nate: You're not coming.

Whisper: I am your yokai butler. I go wherever you go. Besides, what if you run into a yokai and need my high knowledge on yokai to assist you.

Nate: You didn't know anything about Hungramps or Leadoni yesterday. You had to look it up on your tablet.

Whisper: It's called a yokai pad! And anyway, I was only using it to put my explanations into words you would understand.

Nate: Yeah, sure you were.

Nate then left to go meet Katie.

...

Katie arrived at Springdale Flower Road, a parade of shops located in Shopper's Row. She was excited to see Nate again, not being able to spend much time with him yesterday.

...

Nate arrived at a crossroad and waited at the traffic lights to cross.

Nate: There's been a few incidents here where a truck driver has complained his truck has slowed down slightly then hits some kind of invisible object. It's kinda creepy.

Whisper: Well, that's obviously because of some kind of Yokai. Ah, there he is!

Whisper pointed at the fishmonger's over the road. Nate didn't see anything, then remembered he needed to use the watch. He shone the light to find a yokai silhouette. It was revealed to be a bipedal cat with red and white fur. It wore a kind of yellow belt thing, had a bit missing from one ear and two tails. Whisper began to scroll through his yokai pad.

Nate: A nekomata!

Whisper: Yes, the yokai Jibanyan to be exact.

Name: Jibanyan
Tribe: Charming

Nate: What's he doing? It's almost as if he's looking for something.

The cat looked left and right, then saw a big truck coming.

Jibanyan: Here it comes!

He ran out into the road, to Nate and Whisper's surprise.

Nate: What's he doing?

Whisper: I'm not quite sure.

Jibanyan: Take this you big truck, Paws of Fury!

The yokai jumped towards the truck delivering multiple punches to the truck at incredible speed to make there appear to be multiple paws.

Nate: What's that?

Whisper: It's a soultimate move. It's a powerful attack or strategy a yokai uses to give them an advantage in battle.

Jibanyan then began to slow the truck down a bit with his attack.

Nate: He's doing it! He's...

Then the truck hit the cat, knocking him onto the pavement at Nate's feet.