Chapter Three : The Cabin and The Death

We arrived at the cabin and all filed out of the truck. I ran into Roberts open arms breaking down crying. He whispered gentle words to me patting my hair down. After about ten minutes we all were searching for any food or weapons. I found my first hunting riffle dad had given me and a knife, and for food I found spam. Really dad, why did we have spam, none of us liked it. 

I left the house rifle on my back. I saw Pete already outside and he smiled at me kinda creepily and I just smiled a small smile back standing far away from him. Daryl came up and I walked up to him talking about what we got, he said Robert was trying to get something to work and we walked inside.

After about thirtyy minutes the tv worked, Don't go out side that is how accidents will most likely happen .The man on the TV said Jed walked by hitting it off and I rolled my eyes as he stormed out. After about an hour later we all got acquainted, Julie was braiding my hair french brain, while we were all sitting around talking. I heard a car in the distance and looked at Jed. "Ash kill the lights Im gonna go see. I got on my feet as he ran outside Matty hot on his heals. 

I couldn't kill the lights, some reason the switch wasn't working, Matty ran in pulling them out of the plug and ran back out, Pete hot on his heal. I heard a gun shot and ran out to see Pete with his gun aimed, "You dumb ass you could've killed my brother." I yelled at him glaring, I would've hit him but Robert held my arms. 

Jed came running back and said some words and pushed Pete to the ground, kid deserved it. Toni came out of the car and I ran over to her hugging her, I let go and she walked to Matty then Jed. Danny got out and gave me a hug going inside with Matty. I walked inside and pushed my braid to the back of my head. 

Once we had sleeping arrangements down we got our sleeping bags and rolled the out, I was between Robert and Matty. Great im either going to get punched, kicked, or drooled on. I laid down in between the boys facing Robert, I snuggled into my sleeping bag and got comfortable. Robert smiled at me, "Goodnight Ashy" He said smiling at me ruffling my hair. "Sweet dreams Robs." I said closing my eyes into a dreamless sleep.

The next day I woke up to someone shaking me, "Dad I don't wanna go to school." I said snuggling more into the blankets, "I'd rather be at school then hear." I heard Matty say. I opened my eyes and adjusted to the brightness. I sat up rubbing my eyes, I noticed I had two blankets and Robert had none. 

I smiled at him and shook him up. He woke and smiled up at me, "Robey why do I have two blankets?" I smiled up at him as he sat up. "You were shivering so I gave you mine." he smiled. I hugged him and buried my face into his chest taking in his woodsy smell. "Thanks." I mumbled and he let out an its ok. 

About two hours later Jed and Matty went out to look at what was going on while I went to go look for firewood. I knew the forrest like the back of my hand. I was walking along a river three logs in my arms when I saw Jed and Matty walking back. I walked up to them and they smiled playfully shoving me back and forth sense i was the middle person.

I heard the running of feet and yelling, I looked up to see everyone run toward us, "They found us!" Daryl yelled, I looked at my brothers and dropped my logs running and following everyone. We were currently hiding behind a log with binoculars and a rifle with one binocular. I was hold some in my hand when I saw Pete get out of the car, "That creep!" I whispered yelled. Robert gave me a questioning look as he was on my right and Matty elbowed me to shut up on my left. 

Then Daryl's dad got out and said a few words along the line of turn yourselves in so you can get killed. I heard Matty gasp and Robert pass the binoculars to me again, I looked threw them seeing my worst nightmare, my dad was bloodied and bruised. I felt a tear coming down my face. "Daddy." I said in the only voice I could find and it was barley audible. "Boys," he started off, "I love you both, I hope your taking care of your sister, Ashling," I felt a lump grow in my throat, "I love you baby girl, your so much like your mother," I bit my lip to hold my sobs in, " I know your making hard choices, and your being very strong."

I heard my dad take a breath, " But I want you to do what I would do," I could feel more tears fall from just seeing him like this, "I want you to go to war, and kill this piece of shit." I felt my breath get caught in my throat. I saw the foreign men look at each other and the man walked up and pulled out a gun, it all happened to fast, I heard it go off and my father fall to the ground. "DA-" the rest was muffled by Roberts hand, he pulled me to him hand over my mouth and tear pouring down my face, I kept calling "Daddy." as if he would come back, but my screams and calls were broken by the hand over my mouth. I laid still crying saying no over and over again. I turned burying my head in Roberts chest, his arms around me providing security and comfort, but it wasn't enough for me, I wanted my father, I wanted that fatherly hug, for him to tell me every things ok. All I have are my brothers now, and I'll be damned if someone comes between us.