Chapter Two : Invasion

I woke up in the morning to what I thought was an earthquake, I got up stretching my arms up. I heard frantic footsteps up stairs and I trudged my way toward the door slipping on my leather light brown combat boots, I noticed I had the same clothes on from last night and shrugged. I walked out the door to see people outside hugging there spouses looking up. I walked out from the porch to look up and I felt my heart race.

I let out a small scream as a wing of a plane came hurtling toward Ms.Light's house. and felt someone come up behind me putting there hand on my lower back. I looked up to see Matty. Jed ran out the door shoving us toward the truck yelling about finding dad or something. I wasn't really processing anything threw my head at the moment.

I got shoved between my brothers in the truck. "I've got no reception!" I heard my brother yell next to me. "Try the radio." Jed said simply and I switched threw the channels nothing happening. I looked up at my brother with wide eyes and a frightened face. "Whats going on?" Matty asked scared. "I don't know." Jed answered looking up.

I felt the car come to a sudden stop and looked up to see dad. "Stay on my ass!" my dad yelled. After about a minute of following him we got attacked and Jed pushed my head down under the dash board. I heard a big impact and then another. Jed let go and the car stopped. I jumped out over Matty and ran to my father tears coming down my face. "Daddy whats going on?" I yelled frantically. "I don't know baby girl, Jed , Matty take care of your sister, go to the cabin!" Dad said letting go but I didn't. "No! No! please don't dad!" I yelled as Jed threw me over his shoulder. I was sobbing watching my dad growing smaller and smaller in the mirror.

"We have to get Erica." Matty said. Jed huffed and my eyes grew wide, "What about Robert?" I said looking at Jed. "I cant save the whole fucking world guys." Jed said but then huffed out, "Which way." me and Matty both yell out Right. 

There were military cars everywhere and Jed made a left into someones backyard, "POOL!" me and Matty both screamed at the same time. I clutched onto Matty's arm scared. We came to a stop next to a foreign army truck, the guy focused on us and then got out of his car. "Matty!" I heard someone yell. I looked up and saw Erica, "Erica!" Matty was about to get out of the car but Jed yelled and I grabbed his arm, I heard gun shots hit the window and I screamed hiding into Matty's back. Jed drove away and Robert came into view and I yelled for him and Daryl to jump in the back.

I turned and saw the boys in the back but a foreign truck following us, "Jed!" Matty yelled. "I know I see it!" Jed huffed out. keeping his eyes straight ahead. About three seconds later Matty yelled out "JED!" and I felt a huge impact and a crash and then a shattering window and a grunt. Scared to look back in fear Robert might have been dead or hurt I kept my eyes on the foreign person in the car across from us. "GO!" I heard Robert yell and I whipped around to see him still in the back.

Jed took off speeding down the road to the cabin. Never stopping for anything. I was shaking in fear, in what could happen to us, to all of us. I huffed out and laid my head on Matty's shoulder tears slowly just falling from my eyes.