Collision (Duoabble)

(Author's Note - Written for Wattpad SciFi Competition challenge number 8.  A duoabble - exactly 200 words not counting the title  - or this note!  Must contain two characters - one a teenager and one an alien.)

Collision (Duoabble)

I spun the Comet around the curve, revelling in the speed, the way it hugged the road as close as a lover. The power, the freedom!

Mother had been reluctant to let me take the Comet out on my own, but I'd begged and pleaded until she gave in. Finally I had got my permit to drive solo and I loved it. The desert air was still and crisp, stars glistened faintly above, all overshadowed by a glorious silver moon. Could life get any better?

I knew I wasn't supposed to be there, but it was the middle of nowhere, the Australian outback. There was no-one else for hundreds of kilometres. What was the harm?

I saw the other vehicle coming toward me with only a second's warning. My search beam lit up the face of the driver, showing me a young human, a teenager, mouth open in terror. Frantically I pulled sideways on the controls, slicing the top off several trees before coming to a crashing halt. The Comet's front was half-buried several metres in the ground. But ... the back end of the saucer must be sticking out for all to see.

Mother was going to kill me.