She's The One That They Call "Whatshername"

James woke up with his head pounding like crazy.

God dammit, he thought, I hate hangovers.

He tried to raise himself up, but the only thing he managed was rolling off of the bed and thudding onto the floor.

"Shit!" he exclaimed as he quickly rolled to a sitting position and held his head tightly, which only caused more pain. He looked at his hands once the pain had subsided. Both of them were covered in cuts and dried blood. When he moved his hands, he saw something that wasn't there before.

Black boots.

He jumped and quickly looked up to meet the woman's concerned gaze. James felt like a completely different person as soon as his eyes locked with hers.

"Hey, chick," he said with a smirk.

She faintly smiled. She looked him up and down. She held out her hands to provide comfort, but James quickly pushed them away.

"I'm perfectly fine," he said as he began to stand up, "It was just a drinking accident."

He licked some of the dried blood off of his right index finger. Because it was old, the iron-like taste he was expecting wasn't present. He gave the woman a questioning glace.

"Y'know," he said, "Even though I've known you for a little over a month, you've never told me your name..."

Her eyes darted left and right for a few seconds. She seemed concerned about James knowing her name, which puzzled him.

"I really don't want to call you 'She' anymore."

She backed up slowly as he leaned in closer.

"Will you please tell me?"

Her face was turning a bright red. Every time James took a step closer, she took a step back and her face got redder.

He sighed deeply. "Am I gonna have to call you 'Whatshername' all the time?"

She pointed at him and nodded with a bright smile on her face.

"Your name...is Whatshername?"

She smiled and shook her hand in a way that James identified as meaning "kinda".

"Okay then, Whatshername, we really need to get out of here. Follow me."