Welcome to "Paradise"

"Day 1

We're all fucked up.

You don't get it, do you? Here let me explain...Me, Gloria, and Christian were afraid of our new president doing something stupid...

...and he did.

He declared war on EVERYONE else. None of us wanted this to happen, so we gathered a bunch of our friends and their friends and now we have our own fucking army! We are planning on stopping or at least delaying World War V. I hope to God we're good enough...

-Jesus of Suburbia"

James placed his pen on his notepad. He looked outside his tent and sighed.

God damn, he thought, what's happened to our home?

As he was looking out, His communicator made a static-y noise. After the noise passed, he heard Christian's voice.

"Jesus of Suburbia?"

It must have been time for everyone to check in. "All's quiet here," James replied.

"Good. Everyone's okay."

"Hey Christian?"

"What is it?"

"Are you as worried as I am?"

"...You know me, James. I'm probably more worried than you."

He chuckled. "That's true."

"Hey just 'cause I said it doesn't mean you need to agree!"

James laughed. "I'll keep that in mind."

"I'm sure everything'll turn out okay."

"I hope you're right..."

James stood up and walked outside. He looked at his surroundings.

The area he once knew as "California" was now known as "Suburbia," and that wasn't even the whole of it. Oregon, Nevada, Utah, Colorado, Wyoming and Nebraska made up the rest of "Suburbia." He was in charge of keeping everything out of government hands in this vast area. Considering it was the first day, there were no signs of any Marines, Navy Seals, Military men or Air Force strikers,(a/n: I don't know SHIT about the armed forces) but that didn't mean tomorrow would be the same. James just wanted to make sure today was perfectly fine. He looked to his left and saw something out of the ordinary: a woman.

The woman had long, black hair. Two strands had the appearance of dreadlocks. She wore a green half shirt, blue jeans, black boots, and a green bandana that had skull and cross-bones on it. Her eyes were emerald green, the same color as James'. She looked at him with a shocked expression, then turned around and ran away.

James blinked and rubbed his eyes. He could've sworn that all of the women in the U.S. (except for Gloria, who had been hidden well by Christian and him) were destroyed in a mass killing a year ago. This girl, though, he didn't even recognize her. He knew that she saw him, though, judging by her expression. He shook his head and went back inside his tent.

What the fuck?