Chapter 5

~Third Person~

Days now turned to weeks, then weeks were turning into months. It's been at least 4 and a half months since Randi was put on minor life support. She was taken off of it in the first month and a half. Now, the Weasley's, Harry, Hermione, and most importantly Draco are waiting for the first born Weasley girl to wake up from her death like slumber. Each and every one of her friends and family have visited her each and every day at different times. But, at night, Madame Pomphery, Professor Snape, and Professor Dumbledore have allowed Draco to spend the night by his to-be-loved-one. Draco hasn't spoken to anyone after that tragic day in the music hall. Little did everyone know that have came and visited her, Miss Randi has been internally awake. Listening to everyone to what they have said. She started her internal awakeness a week after she was in a coma. Meaning that she has been internally fighting to either live or pass on. She still fights for which side she should take but at least she hear her loved ones' voices that talk to her. She wanted to wake up, but, she also wants to pass on to the afterlife. She still doesn't know what she should chose.

~Randi~

Darkness. That's all I see. Pain and sorrow. That's all feel. It feels like its been mere hours since my accident but from my friends and family have told me, Christmas is just around the corner, and that with the Triwizard Tournament, Harry was chosen to compete. And that Christmas is near, the school is hosting a big dance called the Yule Ball. But seeing that my family that's still in Hogwarts, has dates. Even Hermione and Harry have dates! I wish I could go. But seeing the circumstances right now.............. I can't.....

I want to wake up but, I just wish I could die. But there's something in the world of the living that keeps me alive. When I heard Draco confess his feeling for me, I-I didn't know what to do. And now that I keep thinking about him, the more my feelings for him grow stronger with each night that he comes and stays with me. My heart flutters every time I hear his voice when he tells me each and every night how he falling for me even further. And every time he tells me that, I fall further for him. And tonight, after Draco falls asleep, I'm gonna fight as hard as I could to stay alive. I have to. I miss playing pranks with Fred and George. I miss wrestling with Ron for the last cookie. I miss being able to sing and play music. More importantly, I miss seeing the faces of the ones that I love. If I could, I'd be crying right now.

I heard the door open and footsteps making their way towards where I am. "Hello beautiful," I heard a familiar voice say. I felt him kiss my forehead and I heard the shuffle of the chair as he sat down. "Well," he said, grabbing my hand, "The ball is next week and then its Christmas break." I heard him sigh and then say, so quietly, "I miss you so much Randi. It still hurts seeing you like this. I.... I just wish I knew why. Why did you do it? Do you realize how hurt your family is right now? I heard that Ron, Fred, George, and Ginny haven't been the same since they were first in here to see you. I heard from Potter that your mum has been crying nonstop for weeks now. And my father has told me that your dad took off of work for a few months because he had to keep your mum from going crazy. We're all hurt to see you like this Randi. I wanna be able to see your beautiful eyes again. And I miss seeing your smile." I could feel that he was getting teary. Trust me, I would be too if I could. Hearing that my parents are mourning of me just shocked me. So, they actually do care. It broke my heart hearing that my siblings have changed since my accident. "Please...." I heard him whisper to me, "please wake up...... I can't handle being alone anymore." It broke my heart hearing him like this.

Minutes have passed and Draco finally fell asleep. I internally sighed and got to work. I tried with all my might to wake up. I then saw that my life was flashing in front of me again. Then stopped and I saw a bright light, and saw that someone was standing in front of me. She was a bit taller than I am. Had dark brown hair and bright blue eyes. She wore a long, dark purple dress and she was looking down at me. "Where am I?" I asked, "Who are you?" She just gave me a sorrowful frown and said, "My name is Edna. You are in the realm between the world of the living and the afterlife. You have been through so much pain and sorrow at such a young age, Randi. I can sense that you are still in a decision in choosing where to go. You're life is running out of time for me to keep you alive. You have to chose." I looked down and gasped at what I saw. I saw...... me. I saw me laying in the infirmary and then I saw him. He had his head laying on my bed. I looked at his features. He had bags under his eyes, a sign that he hasn't slept in weeks. His hair was no longer slick back, it fell in his face. And his cheeks were still wet from him crying. It made my heart break at what I saw. Then it changed. I was now looking into the Gryffindor common room. And I saw that Fred and George had dark rings around their eyes and looked like they haven't slept right in weeks as well. Ginny was sitting on one of the chairs and staring at the fire that burned. She didn't look my happy, cheerful little sister anymore. I then turned my attention to Ron. I felt my heart stutter at the shape he was in. He was laying in his bed, staring at the wall. With us being identical twins, it was looking at a mirror. Ron looked as depressed and in pain as much I have been. It was, literally, looking in a mirror but..... Ron looked 3 times as worse than I ever have been. I felt tears fall from my cheeks and turned my attention back to Edna. I nodded and hiccuped. "I-I have to go back," I stuttered, "My family needs me more than ever. Please, as much as I want to pass on, I can't go. Not while I'm the reason they are like this." I wiped the tears away and gave her a serious look, saying, "I have made my decision. I wish to stay among the living." She smiled at me and gave me a hug. "As you wish my dear," she said. And with that, she kissed on my forehead and I was engulfed in darkness yet again. I felt as though a huge weight has been lifted from my shoulders.

I didn't dare move. But I felt as though the weight on my eyelids has been removed. I gently fluttered my eyes opened and I saw that I was in the infirmary. I started looking around and then turned my attention to the sleeping boy that was next to me. I tried to speak but nothing came out but a squeak. Draco stirred in his sleep but didn't wake up. I smiled a little bit and I started to move my hands a little. I then got the strength and I started running my fingers gently through his messy hair. He stirred again in his sleep and he finally awoke. He looked up at me with sadden filled eyes. Giving him a few moments to process that I was actually awake, his eyes widen. "R-Randi?" he said. I gave him a big smile and nodded. I then saw one thing that I never thought I would EVER see, Draco smiled. Tears fell from my face as well as his. "H-Hey," I said very hoarsely. He then gave me the biggest yet gentlest hug ever. Me not really have any strength back, I couldn't actually hug him back. He cupped my face in his hands and looked at me. "I-I thought I lost you," he said with a smile and tears running down his cheeks. "Now," I said, finally getting my voice back, giving him the most serious face I could muster up, "You can't get rid of me that easily can you?" I then smiled again, letting out a light giggle. He smiled back at me and he then did the unthinkable. He kissed me. Shocked at first, I then relaxed and gently kissed him back. Sparks, fireworks, and all that! That's what I felt at this very moment. My heart felt like it was going to leap out of my chest. Breaking for air, Draco gently leaned his forehead onto mine and gently whispered to me, "Be mine?" I smiled and nodded. I then saw the biggest smile on his face that I've ever seen in my life. He kissed me one more time and ran off to get Madame Pomphery. I just laid there and smiled.