𝒆𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕.

riley doesn't want to give the poodle back

that night was horrible.

we stole some blankets, and food from aunty em's, but we didn't light a fire. we weren't in the mood to cause any more attention.

we decided to sleep in shifts. percy volunteered for first watch.

annabeth curled up on the blankets and was snoring as soon as her head hit the ground. grover fluttered with his flying shoes to the lowest bough of a tree, put his back to the trunk, and stared at the night sky.

i layed on a blanket and watched the stars.  it was something i loved to do on the roof of my house in malibu.

"go ahead and sleep," percy told us. "i'll wake you if there's trouble."

i waved him off and kept staring, wondering of my dad was watching the stars. if they were even out. he probably wasn't. probably in his workshop, tinkering away.

grover nodded, but still didn't close his eyes. "it makes me sad, percy."

"what does? the fact that you signed up for this stupid quest?"

"no. this makes me sad." he pointed at all the garbage on the ground. "and the sky. you can't even see the stars. they've polluted the sky. this is a terrible time to be a satyr."

i stopped listening, guilt seeping through me.  stark industries was a part of this.  we manufactured weapons. we have factories that pollute the air.  the weapons we make, even if they're on a government contract, literally destroy landscapes. 

i layed down, and closed my eyes, sleep taking me away.