Chapter Seventeen

He flew away and into the sunrise, getting to the Rainforest as fast as his giant, scarlet-bronze wings could take him (which was probably like 23457975458 miles per hour.)

He soared over the ocean, splashing it a little from time to time with one of his claws gently. He glided past some other dragons who looked at him weirdly and eyed him suspiciously, but he just kept going.

He was awfully worried that leaving Aqua with a terrifying, blood-seeking animus wasn't such a good idea after all.

His worries got washed away, though.

And I mean, not just his worries, but him too.

A green dragon from below the sea flicked some water with his tail at Soaren unintentionally, who didn't really like water at all.

"AAAAHHHH!" He yelped, breaking suddenly and quickly wiped the liquid off his face in disgust. "Ewwww,"

"Whoops," said the green dragon. "Sorry."

His dark emerald scales looked perfectly smooth when it's wet, and his light green under scales radiated the ocean dimly, but didn't glow, really. Phosphorescent scales emit a pale green light that flashed curiously in the clear water.

"Wait, you don't like water?" He said.

The SkyWing could see hints of pure gold in his dark green eyes, but appears anxious, as if that's how he's been all the time.

The SeaWing's voice was low and rumbly; mumbling. He's slightly plump, with quite a curve to his snout and his upper arms, though he has large talons.

Soaren made a confused look at him when he saw a golden armband around his right arm, where three black rocks were embedded in it. There were three other slots, but it seems three other rocks were missing from it.

"I mean, that's just weird," continued the SeaWing. "Who doesn't love water?"

Soaren panicked for a moment, thinking he had just lost the animus enchanted shell that Aqua gave him.

"Oh no," he muttered, patting the side of his scales frantically. "WHERE IS IT?"

He ducked under his wings, but still couldn't see it. Which made him panic even more.

The SeaWing titled his head at him, then looked at the ocean he's in. He squinted his eyes further into the depths.

"Oh," he said, then suddenly dived underwater.

The SkyWing yelped for the one millionth time. When the SeaWing's head emerged from the sea, he was holding a sparky peach coloured shell.

"Is this what you were looking for?" He asked, handing the shell to Soaren, who sighed in relief.

"Yes," the SkyWing answered. "Thanks."

The other dragon shrugged. "No problem."

He paused, then said questionably and carefully, "Why is that so importantly to you?"

Soaren froze. "Ummm,"

Seagulls squawked in the background as he was trying to figure out what to say.

"Special gift from my mother," he blurted before he could think straight.

"Huh," said the SeaWing. "That's cool. Well, I'm Turtle."

Soaren's opinion on the SeaWing was that he seemed very introverted just from his expression and mood. Plus, Turtle was out in the wide ocean all by himself, which made Soaren feeling bad for that that he's lonely.