CHAPTER 12: VENDETTA

Rowan is in the kitchen cooking.

As soon as Dew got back to Rowan's house, he went directly to his room, and fell flat on the bed. He's been staring at the ceiling for the past few hours, his thoughts racing as he comes to a conclusion.

Rowan has to be the Origin. Or he at least knows who it is. There is no other explanation for his behavior. Dew may have dropped out of high school, but he's not stupid. Something isn't quite right about Rowan, and being or knowing the Origin would explain fucking everything.

Finally, Dew gets up, and makes his way out of his bedroom. He walks to the kitchen, and finds Rowan cooking. He's shirtless again, wearing only sweatpants. It's a bit distracting, and Dew isn't going to look into why the fuck he finds it distracting.

He sits at the little counter area, and just watches Rowan until the man notices him.

"Why were you meeting with King Marley?" Is what he asks.

Dew responds, "we were talking about boys."

That's not a lie. Rowan is a boy. Plus, Marley's gay. It makes sense. Still, Dew says it jokingly, and Rowan sighs.

"How was work?"

"Fine."

He puts a plate in front of Dew, and it appears to just be spaghetti. "Thank you."

Rowan nods.

C'mon Dew! Ask him if he's the Origin!

Dew just digs into his fucking spaghetti, and obviously it tastes phenomenal since Rowan is just perfect at everything. Rowan eventually finishes, and notifies Dew;

"I'm going out." Then he walks to his room. He comes back out wearing a shirt, grabs his keys, and exits the condo. Dew just raises his eyebrows. Is Rowan going to pick up a girl again? Who knew Rowan was such a player? He hasn't done so the past few days, but here we go again.

Dew sighs, and doesn't even finish his spaghetti. He throws the rest away and does the dishes, then walks back to his room. Spikes is in there, asleep on his bed. This is not the best living situation for her, since she's stuck in a room all day, and Dew decides he should look into getting another job.

Dew stays up painting a landscape, and around 1 a.m. he hears the door open and a male voice. The voice isn't Rowan's.

Dew frowns, pausing in his painting as he listens to the two talking. He hears some fumbling, and then a door opening. A door that sounds just the right distance away for it to be Rowan's bedroom.

Hang on. Is Rowan about to fuck a guy?

Dew's eyes widen.

Then, he hears some thumping.

Yup! Count Dew out!

Dew stands up and grabs his wallet, before making his way out of his bedroom. The sounds are clearer once he exits, and he cringes as he leaves the condo. He goes down the stairs and eventually finds himself in the Crest View parking lot. He makes his way onto the sidewalk, and walks in the direction of the nearest convenience store, which is a few blocks away.

When Dew reaches it, he purchases some ear plugs and a few snacks, then goes back to the condo. Upon entering, he still hears the thumping that signals that the two are going at it.

Dew wastes no time putting in his ear plugs upon entering his room. Immediately he is met with peaceful silence, and he goes back to his painting.

Dew falls asleep at the desk, and is awoken once again, by the sound of arguing.