Aaron Hotchner x Reader

A/n: this is a song fic request based on the song Big Big Plans by Chris Lane. I hope you enjoy.

Hotch POV:
I got home from our most recent case in the afternoon, a little earlier than I had originally told Y/n. On my way I picked up some of her favorite flowers. I had some big plans for our night tonight. From the street, I could see the glow of the lamp near the window where you could see her silhouette reading. I took the elevator up to our apartment and unlocked the door.

Just look at her sittin' there
Sweatpants, T-shirt, in her comfy chair, hmm
Her hair in a bun, one hand on a mug
And the other one's playin' snare
To a George Strait vinyl, that yes-or-no line'll get her close

She looked so beautiful just sitting there, I stared for a moment before walking in and closing the door behind me. When she heard the door close she looked over at me, a smile spreading across her beautiful face. She got up and ran over to me, her arms wrapped around me as I held her waist and kissed her.
"Hello honey." I said as she hugged me.
"Hi my love" she said with her head buried in my neck, "I missed you."
I pulled away slightly so that I could see her face, "I miss you too, which is why I brought you these." I said as I pulled out her favorite flowers. She held them up and smelled them, taking in the sweet smell.
"Thank you so much Aaron, they're beautiful." She said as she went to go put them in a vase.
"Not as beautiful as you!" I called after her. She let out a chuckle from the other room.

But I don't think she can understand
Just how far I've been lettin' my heart fall
But what's in my head
She don't know I got some big, big plans
Build a little house out on some hand-me-down land
Find a little island where we go to get tan
I bet we take our kids down there one day
And I know she wouldn't mind if I
Did a little somethin' like find a flight
Overnight to paradise and leave tonight

After I changed into my casual clothes, I came back out to see her staring into the fridge with a contemplative look on her face.
"You know I've heard if you stare at it long enough something will magically appear." I said watching her with a smile on my face. She gave me a playful glare as she laughed at me.
"How does take out sound tonight? I wasn't expecting you back this early or I would have cooked you a nice dinner." She said with a sheepish look.
"Take out sounds nice, as long as it's with you. Pick anything you want, you know I'm not picky." She went to order from her favorite restaurant and got our usual orders. When our food arrived we sat on the couch to eat as we watched a movie. We enjoyed each other's silent company, we didn't need to talk, just to be next to each other made us both feel so comfortable. I glanced over at her, her hair messy, in her comfy clothes, mouth full of food and eyes fixed on the tv. She's perfect, everything I ever wanted and needed. I never could have asked to find a woman who made me a better man the way she does.

And I'ma put a diamond on her hand
She don't know I got some big, big plans
(Well, she don't know, well, she don't know)
She don't know I got some big, big plans
(Well, she don't know, well, she don't know)
Well, she don't know I already bought a ring
Hid it in the bottom left drawer, right beside the sink
Shiny emerald diamond on a brand-new band
Asked her mama for permission and her daddy for her hand

After dinner, I went into our shared bathroom and went to the drawer where I had hidden her engagement ring. I pulled it out and examined it, this isn't what most people consider a perfect moment but it's our perfect moment. At home, just the two of us, no work and no fancy dinner. This is where I feel the most comfortable with her. This is where I first realized that she was the woman I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. I never truly expected to find her but then I just bumped into her one day and it was like everything changed in an instant. She made me feel stronger and better than I've ever felt before, but she also showed me that I could have emotion and be venerable while still being strong. She made me a better version of me. I couldn't ask for anything more. I bought this ring for her a month ago, I hid it to make sure she would never find it. Today is the perfect day, today I'll ask her to marry me.

I got some big, big plans
Build a little house out on some hand-me-down land
Find a little island where we go to get tan
I bet we take our kids down there one day
And I know she wouldn't mind if I
Did a little somethin' like find a flight
Overnight to paradise and leave tonight
And I'ma put a diamond on her hand

I put the ring in my back pocket so she wouldn't see it and went back out to the living room. She was curled up in a blanket watching her movie, her take out now abandoned on the coffee table. I went and cleaned up all the food putting our leftovers away into the fridge for later. After I had finished I sat down on the couch with her trying to figure out the right words to say. This had to be special, it had to be our kind of perfect. Perfectly imperfect.

She don't know I got some big, big plans
(Well, she don't know, well, she don't know)
She don't know I got some big, big plans
(Well, she don't know, well, she don't know)
Well, here I go
'Cause right now, we're back in her hometown
And I'm down on one knee

I took a deep breath, and let it out. I hunt mass murders all the time yet this is something I'm scared of more. Getting up off the couch I turned off the tv, earning a small 'heyyy' from Y/n and turned on our song. It was the song we danced to on our first date, it came on the radio and she begged me to dance with her. I knew then I had to see her again, her love of life kept me on my toes. I pulled her up off the couch and began to dance with her. She laughed at how cheesy our dancing is, I gave her a little spin and then dipped her making her laugh more. A sound that was like music to my ears. As the song ended I continued to hold her in my arms.
"Y/n you know I love you right?" I said with as seriousness.
"Of course I do, and I love you too Aaron." She said back with a smile.
"I have a surprise for you. Close your eyes." I said as I turned her around so she faced away from me. She looked at me with a suspicious look but did as I told her to do. I knelt down on one knee and pulled out the small ring box, opening it and holding it out to her.
"Y/n I love you with all my heart, you make me a better version of myself and I could never ask for more or repay you for all you have given me throughout our relationship but i can certainly try. Turn around and open your eyes honey." She hesitantly turned around opening her eyes, they widened in shock when she saw what was in my hand.
"Will you marry me?"

I guess she finally figured out
I'm gonna ask her to marry me
I got some big, big plans
Build a little house out on some hand-me-down land
Find a little island where we go to get tan
I bet we take our kids down there one day
And I know she wouldn't mind if I
Did a little somethin' like find a flight
Overnight to paradise and leave tonight

She nodded her head rapidly as tears filled her eyes. I stood up and slid the ring on to her finger. She threw her arms around me and kissed me. The love that coursed through the kiss was enough to show me that this love would last a life time, if not more. A tear slipped down my face in pure happiness as the thought of spending the rest of my life with this wonderful woman flashed before my eyes. This woman who magically made every dark day brighter and loved me at my worst, who made me into a better man, would be the woman I get the pleasure of calling my wife. I promise to give her the life she always dreamed of, to be the husband she deserves.

And I'ma put a diamond on her hand
She don't know I got some big, big plans
(Well, she don't know, well, she don't know)
She don't know I got some big, big plans
(Well, she don't know, well, she don't know)

A/n: I hope you all enjoyed this very cute Hotch fic. As always my requests are open, they do take me a bit of time to write because I work two jobs and I'm a full time mom but I will get to each and every one of them. I love you all and appreciate you guys for reading and supporting this story! Look out for more to come soon!